*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987082-Prologue-The-Deep-Space
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #1987082
The description of a young and talented teenager's new role in the universe.
  The day in which any child became an adult was the day their role was chosen. Their role was based off their academic record, patience, and health. If they were a Street Sweeper, they would have had a bad academic report, low patience, and bad health. If they were a Universe Keeper, they had an above grade level academic record, high patience, and were in top health. The Universe Keeper was the most respectable role they could receive.
  On their sixteenth birthday, they were given a license to forfeit your role, and leave life as they knew it. If they kept the role, they would be long at work completing it until they were no longer fit to do it. When they reached the age seventy, they were able to leave their role and live peacefully in the Retirement/Recreation Tower.
  The first three floors were the Recreation Fields. Running Fields/Sports were contained on the first floor. Any activities containing strength and skill were held on the second floor. The third floor contained Elderly Sports/Pass Time Activities.
    The rest of the 5 floors above the Recreation Floors were apartments for the retired elders. The women however would always outnumber the men, mostly because men tended to keep working their role until death. Women valued life more than anything, and they wished the men would stop working themselves to death at such an old age. One teenage boy wishes he could retire his role. He truly wishes he could get back on the space colony at that.


(That's it, more coming soon, hoped you enjoyed!)
© Copyright 2014 DementedWolf101 (dementedwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987082-Prologue-The-Deep-Space