*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987150-The-winning-lottery-ticket
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1987150
picking up a lottery ticket that somebody dropped.
Julie and her husband, Dave were standing in line waiting to buy their bus tickets to Nashville, Tennessee. Tomorrow was their fortieth wedding anniversary and they were going to Nashville to visit the Grand Ole Opry. Ronnie Dunn was to be there along with a few other country music singers. They got up closer to the ticket booth and Julie began to get worried that they wouldn't be able to get a good seat. They finally got their tickets and entered the auditorium to find their seat which had the number on it that corresponded with the number on their ticket. When they finally got to their seat, they sat down and waited for the show to begin. Meanwhile, Julie, put her hand in her jacket pocket and she felt something smooth like a piece of paper or something. She knew she didn't have anything in her pocket before so she pulled the piece of paper out of her pocket and looked at it. A lottery ticket? How did that get in there? She looked at the numbers on the ticket and she wondered to herself if it actually was a winner. All of a sudden someone was talking over a load speaker.

The voice said, "If anyone has this number on their lottery ticket, you have just become the winner of ten million dollars."

The person on the loud speaker began to read the numbers, When all the numbers had been read, Julie stood up and yelled, "That's my number!"

An usher came up the aisle and led Julie down to the platform and handed her ticket to the man who was standing at the microphone. He looked at the numbers on his tablet and looked at the numbers on her ticket and said, "folks, we have a winner."
© Copyright 2014 Rose Keeley (aviddreamer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987150-The-winning-lottery-ticket