*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987382-Sea-Of-Blood
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Joanie
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #1987382
"...all around us there's an invisible world lurking in the shadows- that's me..."
         I swept my drenched hair away from my face and cleared my throat of the coppery substance that coated it. The swim had been a difficult one. My feet were like lead as I clawed at the dirt to draw myself out of the thick water. Well, what I assumed to be water. The "water" assaulted my nostrils with it's stench of rotting flesh and stale blood. Suddenly a wave on nausea washed over me, forcing my stomach contents onto the moldy soil. My mind raced as I remembered the torture he had put me though. The memory burned my eyes and my body heaved again.
         It had been an average day with nothing more than mild annoyances. For example, my boss spilled his coffee on my favorite neck tie and when I arrived home after a hard day's work, my elderly dog, Casper, had relieved himself on my bedroom carpet. Other than that, my day had sailed rather smoothly. Almost. As I dozed off on my couch, Casper began howling and screeching. Normally, I would have ignored the canine's antics, but as time ticked by his cries only became more desperate.

© Copyright 2014 Joanie (aajm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987382-Sea-Of-Blood