*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987647-Flight-of-Fancy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Children's · #1987647
A Whimsical poem for wishful thinking
Can you play the fiddle? Can you dance a jig? Can you race around the moon on this brown spotted pig?
Can you run a race with me to hill and dale below or would you like to fly away with all the birds you know?
Can you jump so high my friend that you might reach the sky or dive so deep through yonder sea to reach the by and by?
Can you sing a song of joy that sends it's love so high that all the angels in the sky with one big breath will sigh?
Can you play a game with me of fancy or for real or would you rather ride around on feathers with a seal?
Can you skip a real with me to swim the ocean wide to find the fish that sing the song that all the children ride?
Can you blow a trumpet? Can you play a drum? Can you send around the world for everyone to come?
Can you ride the dream this night to places up above to play the song and praise the King in a world made up of love?
When you can do these things my friend then we must surely fly to places we might dream about with wings for you and I!
© Copyright 2014 Rhonda - the Queen of Minis (rhondarae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987647-Flight-of-Fancy