*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987867-Tour
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Other · #1987867
Taking a tour away from the light
Come, step out of the light.

So, you wish to know more of my home.  My home is a dark place, light-bearer. You would not be comfortable there. 

But I can see you are adamant in your curiosity.  Well, I can’t tell you about my home – but I can show.

Yes, I’ll show you.

Come, follow me to the edge of your world – to the farthest corner where the light becomes weaker and thinner; where a gray dawn begins and gives way to the dark of night.
It is here my world and your nightmare begin.

This absence of light is only the start of your journey.
Remember – always remember – there are things in the dark.  They are the ones that bite you, haunt you, and show you the all the nuances of fear.

You can hear them, can’t you?  A rustle here, a soft rasping there, getting closer and closer…
Soon you’ll see their eyes – some small, some big – all looking at you, light-bringer.
Next you’ll feel them pulling at your clothes, a snag on your sleeve, a tug on your trousers, as though you’ve gotten caught on a branch.
Here, the ground undulates beneath your feet, trying to trip you.  Surely you didn’t think that was safe?

No, don’t stop.  They’ll catch you if you do.  There is no resting in the dark places of the world.  You have to move – to stay ahead, to stay sane.

Oh no, the tour isn’t over yet – we’ve only just begun...
© Copyright 2014 Stormy Knight (storm_watcher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987867-Tour