*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987871-Query-letter
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1987871
My query letter for the hook contest
Allow me to introduce you to the world that I have created. New Light is a world shrouded in darkness. It is the story of a yong man torn from everything he had ever known only to be thrust into a role he couldn't possibly fill. It is the story of a young woman who found her courage in the darkest pit of hell, and the sacrifice of a man who dared to be himself at the risk of being anyone at all. It is a world of hidden progress and forced idiocy. A world concealed within a border of stone... Feodaal.

It is there, in that oppressive land, where three people: Isabel Blackwood, Saul Brightmen, and Lans Tornof, are thrown into a conflict that few knew existed. They must confront Dusk: the ancient god of withering and death, and their journey will take them beyond the edges of the Know World.

My character driven manuscript, New Light, is a 137,703 word science fiction/fantasy story that spans the two genres in a unique and exhilarating fashion. The story is told from the perspectives of the three main characters as they struggle to come to grips with a reality beyond the scope of anything they have ever known! This story is filled with action, adventure, equal parts romance and horror, and I cannot wait to tell you more. For now, however, just know that the darkness will come to light and as for the secrets that lie therein... only gods can say.

© Copyright 2014 Sam Queston (musedesired at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1987871-Query-letter