*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1988018-free-write
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1988018
just a writing exercise
No matter how many times I walked down the stale white hallway I would never get used to the smell. That weird mixture of smells that was strange but not revolting, it kind of made you stop and wonder how such an odd mixture ever occurred. Years of built up bubble gum stuck to the bottoms of desks, dirty boys who carried around their sweaty gym clothes, preppy cheerleaders spraying an over abundance of perfume.
That smell never leaves you, even 6 years later all of those high school memories come rushing back to me with just a whiff. I remember seeing John leaning up against his locker every morning with his too cool for you attitude, Sonya would be all over him trying to get his attention but his eyes were for me only. I remember 4 years of buying expensive clothes and trying too hard in every aspect of socialization. I thought high school was life, was I surprised after I got my diploma.
John and I got a place after school, 2 months later I'm knocked up and we cant stop fighting about everything. Life was hard, unpredictable. John developed a drinking problem and I had to abandon any hope of going to school.
© Copyright 2014 NoraTheGreat (norathegreat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1988018-free-write