*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1988152-sparks-fly
by sophia
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Comedy · #1988152
Maria and her friends go to a party, and suddenly, sparks begin to fly. A romantic comedy!
Chapter 1
Just like she always did in mornings

Maria woke up feeling drowsy and tired, just like she always did in mornings. Her little sister screamed at her to get up, just like she always did in mornings. She put on a checkered shirt with some skinny jeans and ugg boots, just like she always did in mornings. She ate pancakes and sugar covered cereal, just like she always did in mornings. "I'M TIRED OF DOING THE SAME THING EVERY MORNING!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.
She brushed out her silky straight brown hair as she realized something important. "Today is the party!" She squealed as she grabbed her bag and started organizing its content. "I'll need the lip gloss, and the makeup, and the headband, and the dress, and the straightener, DEFINITELY the straightener, and... wait the party isn't until after school." School. School? That's right! School! it was 7:58. She had two minutes before her bus came. "Crap."
Racing out the door, she saw the bus pulling up. Maria ran as fast as her 13-year-old legs could Carry her. As soon as she got to it, the bus started to drive."WAIT!" She screeched as she bolted towards the bus. Not until Maria was literally hanging from the back of the bus did it stop. Phew, she thought to herself as she sat down next to her best friend lila. Lila gave her a funny look and said, "You got a little... that... on the side of your shirt." "What?" Whatever the black stuff was, it was smeared down the side of Maria's shirt. "Kay. Thanks," Maria said sarcastically.

Chapter 2
Umm... 14?

"No, that's not true." "Yes, it is!" "Is not!" "Is too!" "Is not!" "Is too!" Maria's 2 other best friends were arguing, as usual. "What the heck is the problem this time?" "Willow keeps insisting that Eli likes me!" "That's because he DOES, Hazel." "No he doesn't. Give me a break, Willow." Eli, Dylan, and Taylor Ashton were triplets. Almost identical, but you could tell them apart. Dylan has a girlfriend named Penny. Eli broke up with Mia about a year ago, and Taylor is single, still. "Give it up already hazel, you know he likes you." "Oh, shut up."
All maria could think about during class was the party. Her and her friends talking, laughing, eating donuts and cream puffs. She was blinded by her fantasy. In the daydream, her friends left to go get some drinks, when all of a sudden Taylor walks up to her. This was a really big deal because Maria kind of liked Taylor, but no one knew. NO ONE.
There was music playing in the background. Then he spoke softly, "hey, I was wondering." "Yeah?" She said. "What is 36 divided by 4?" "Exude me?" "You heard me," scolded Mrs. Alumid, "your parents aren't sending you hear to daydream!" "Sorry Mrs.Alumid." "so, tell me! What's 36 divided by 4?" "Umm... 14?" "No, miss Maria. The Answer is 9. These are basic facts people! You should know this!"

. . . . .

© Copyright 2014 sophia (unicat12345 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1988152-sparks-fly