*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1990536-A-Cup-of-Coffee
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Activity · #1990536
A brief accotunt of a great day!
Today, as always, I was woken up by the monotonous tone of my alarm set at 6:30 A.M; I was never a morning person and was quite agitated by the fact that I had to wake up in the morning no matter what. Surprisingly, this day as the alarm on my phone rang I wasn’t annoyed by it; there was something that told me my life would soon change.
Shutting off my alarm I saw that there was a message from somebody, somebody who made me realize that we should smile even in the worst of situations because eventually something good comes out of them, smiling, I went to begin the day.
The fact that I wasn’t a morning person tended to get me late for college every day. So here I was, running around looking for my hairpins and stuffing breakfast in my mouth simultaneously. Looking in the mirror, with my sweater half unbuttoned and undone hair I saw that it was our imperfections that distinguished us from others, what different would we have been if we were to have to same perfect lifestyle and habits?
Today was not like any other day, it was winters and the sun was shining brightly. I was a person who never enjoyed the blessings of nature, a person who preferred reading books over going for a picnic, but today even I smiled at how beautiful the weather was. Today just kept on getting more perfect minute by minute.
This was our first official day at Dental College; I was excited as I had already learnt that you only live once, make sure you live properly. I had decided from a long time ago that I will enjoy everything that life has to offer. So this day, began with an oath taking ceremony; we promised to ourselves that we will serve mankind and work for the betterment for everyone. This oath made me realize that there was so much more to life than just our own selfish desires.
This day in all had its little troubles, like missing a class because of a friend and ruining our uniforms because of our carelessness. At the end of this amazing day I sat in the café looking at the view of the hills, I realized that happiness is a treasure present adequately around us but visible only to those who realize its existence, I smiled at the thought and took a sip from a cup of coffee.
© Copyright 2014 Night Writer (abukharey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1990536-A-Cup-of-Coffee