*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1991866-Learning-and-memorizing
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1991866
Learning and memorizing
I believe memorizing is a silly method for learning. The reason behind my belief is that we, as humans, have the ability to memorize for a certain period of time. Memorizing is a foolish task to do but the application of what we learn by understanding is the real task.

Learning is a great experience if it is done by understanding the concept of what we have to memorize. If we believe in memorizing, we will discover that we believe in nonsense. We will discover that we learn nothing but how to waste our time in doing nonsense.

Furthermore, I believe that human minds are so mean when it comes to helping us in remembering what we memorized. For example, it is so clear to notice that no one has the ability to use the so called “knowledge”, which is based on memorizing, after a long period of time.

Sometimes, the educational system and teachers themselves help students to believe in the nonsense approach; I mean the memorizing approach. This happens by giving high grades for students’ ability in memorizing. By experience, students will know the sense of how and what to memorize in order to pass foolish exams done by foolish people!

Finally, as I have stated, I see that learning has nothing to do with memorizing. There is no real connection between learning and memorizing. Learning is a joyful process if it is done by knowing the real meaning of learning. Learning should not limit us, as smart people, with one book or more. Learning is an interesting and open world for learners who are serious. We should not be like slaves by learning from limited sources.

Published: 17th May, 2014
© Copyright 2014 Duha Farrash (duhafarrash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1991866-Learning-and-memorizing