*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1992607-The-Creative-Outlet-Chapter-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Young Adult · #1992607
If you haven't read chapters 1-3, they are on my profile :)
Chapter Four
I gaze into the surrounding faces of everyone else in the room, and ponder if I chose the right thing. I mean, how hard can it be? That’s when I realize something, for our government to change, the leader can’t be here, and the only way to for that to happen, is for him to be…. dead. Aiden must of noticed my stricken look on my face, because he crosses the room in a few quick strides. He looks down at me, and gently says,
“Heidi, I know what you are thinking. Yes, this mission is a assasination mission. In no way am I trying to turn you into a killer. You will not have to touch the high leader, I promise you that. I have a team that will take care of that. I just need your intelligence and creativity to help lead this mission. Please.” I release a release a breath I didn’t know I was holding, and nod, trying to clear my head. I can do this. Aiden dismisses the meeting, and Hunter grabs my hand, pulling me out of the room quickly. I don’t know where he is leading me, but he seems really tense and anxious to get out of there quickly. Once we were a good distance from central building he stops and calms down.
“Sorry about that Heidi, but I saw someone in one of the other rooms that I really don’t want you associating with.” Hunter explains, trying to calm his breathing. “If you see a guy with dark clothes, pure black hair, and one eye that is green and the other blue, please just get out of his way. Don’t talk to him, don’t look at him. Okay?”
I study his face, confused, and cautiously say, “Okay, but unless you tell me a good reason why, I don’t see why I shouldn’t be friendly.” At this Hunter runs his hand through his hair.
“Just, he’s a bad influence, okay?” Hunter says desperately, and I nod my head to appease him. I don’t understand why he is so worked up about this, but I will be wary of someone who fits Hunter’s description. We walk across the compound in silence, taking in the sounds and smells around us. I love it here, it everything I’ve always dreamed of. Even more than what I’ve dreamed of. I look over at Hunter, but he is lost in thought. We arrive at the living complex, and go our separate ways to our rooms. I unlock my door, and even though its only the early afternoon, I am exhausted. I collapse on my bed and stare at the ceiling, ponder what I had just learned. I decide to take a nap and think about it later, but only close my eyes for a few seconds before a knocking on my door wakes me up. I groan and roll onto my floor before standing up and opening my door. I am surprised to see Hunter, as I was with him only 10 minutes ago.
“Heidi I have to go for a few days, will you be okay?” Hunter ask me nervously. “I am going on a quick rescue mission, someone has contacted the society and I need to go get them.”
I nod and Hunter and I hug before he goes off. I stumble back to my bed, and I’m asleep before my head even hits the pillow.
I am awakened by a loud knocking on my door a while later. I groan and roll over, deciding that whoever it is can come back later. The pounding grows louder, until I hear the click of a lock and my door burst open. I jump up, startled by the young guy who jogs into my room. Only in a tank top and underwear, I grab my blanket to cover up. The guy smirks at me, and I study him. I hardly notice the smug look on his face as I realize this is the guy Hunter warned me about. His different colored eyes stand out to me, the right one green and the left blue. I take a step back, remembering Hunter’s warning.
“Don’t look so frightened, I won’t hurt you. My name is Míchéal. Míchéal Finn. I had heard that you are going to be in charge of the assassination mission and just wanted to see what the government would be up against.” Míchéal said, rather smugly. “You weren’t answering the door and I figured you wouldn't mind me here, after all, with these good looks, so I just picked your lock.”
I am completely speechless at this. How dare he think he can do that! Not caring about being modest, I let go of my blanket and shove him out the door, slamming it shut behind him. I click all the locks shut, and brace my desk chair under the handle for good measure.
“I will see you around Heidi, talk to you later!” Míchéal calls from outside the door, and I don’t respond as I hear his footsteps growing fainter as he walks away. Deciding that I am too worked up to go back to sleep, I throw on a black shirt and some white pants, brushing any tangles out of my hair. Walking around the compound, I stop at a few different kiosks deciding to try some new foods, as I noticed my stomach felt like it was caving in from hunger. I wander for a few hours lost in thought about everything that is here. I was so lost in thought that I run right into someone, not noticing where I was going. The impact makes me stumble to the ground, and I let out a yelp as I throw out my arms to brace myself.
“Fancy seeing you again.” a voice calls out, thick with an accent that I could not place. Glancing up I see that it is Míchéal, that arrogant smirk still present on his face. He holds out his hand to help me up, and I push it away stumbling to my feet on my own. He just chuckles at this, and I want to smack that stupid smirk off his face. After staring at each other for a few seconds he breaks the silence, “Nice shirt.”
That’s when I do slap him. I don’t even blink before I realize I am pinned to the ground, unable to move. I struggle against Míchéal’s strong grip, and after a few minutes he releases me. Breathing hard, I glare at him, his amused expression making me more frustrated. Pushing my hair out of my face I say, “You have some fast reflexes.”, and he just nods. I start to walk away from the growing awkward silence. I stop abruptly as Míchéal grabs my arm.
“Heidi, please don’t go. Let’s get to know each other, I feel we've gotten off to a bad start.” he pleads. Rolling my eyes I reply,
“Fine. Okay.” and he nods in approval.
“Come to my apartment room with me. It will be quieter and more peaceful than central area.” Deciding Míchéal has a point, I follow his quick pace to the living complex. Once we reach his room, he unlocks the door and pushes it open with a flourish.I gasp as I take in the surroundings of his room. The walls were covered with brown and green paint, painted in such a way that it looked like it could blend in with trees. Greens, browns, it’s amazing how this could be possible to create indoors. Míchéal just chuckled at my amazed expression, and I tentatively put my hand on the wall tracing the pattern. I noticed the collection of posters he has on his walls, all skillfully done. Hung up on display were a collection of weapons, although they were no where near similar to the weapons the government has. There were more than just guns too, there were long sharp blades with fancy handles that had intricate designs. One poster catches my eye, it is decorated with blue and green squares, alternating across the paper. In the center is what I soon learn is called a photograph. It is of a much younger version of Míchéal, a young girl, and a woman. Míchéal notices me studying it, and blushes slightly.
“That is my family. Well, was.” he stammers, looking at the ground. “They died a while ago. Thats my mom, dad, and little sister, Amy.” At this he tears up slightly, and I watch him curiously. This demeanor is very different from his bad-ass attitude earlier. I don’t know how to react, so I just stand there as he furiously wipes at his eyes, trying to wipe away the tears.
He looks at me apologetically, “I’m sorry about that. I just miss them.” I just nod, a bit stunned, and offer him a sympathetic smile. Míchéal falls onto his bed with a loud sigh, and I take a seat at the edge, careful not to disrupt his blankets.
“I am sorry about your family,” I offer sympathetically, then question, “How did they die, it’s alright for me to ask?”
“No! It is not alright for you to ask!” Míchéal snapped at me, a fire blazing in his heterochromatic eyes. He raised his hand, and I stepped back quickly, flinching in the process. He looks at me, his expression now unreadable, and lowers his hand and glares at me. “Out,” he growls, then raising his voice slightly he demands, “Get out of here! NOW”
I stumble to the door as quickly as I am physically able to in my shocked state. Once outside, I abruptly stop as I run into someone. Looking up, I see the beautiful yet extremely pissed off face of Hunter.
© Copyright 2014 diffidentDemon (naia_s at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1992607-The-Creative-Outlet-Chapter-4