*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1992723-Hockey-Night-in-Canada
by River
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sports · #1992723
The excitement of the Hockey Playoffs
I’m not a great sports fan, but living in Canada I prefer winter sports like figure skating and ski events. My favorite winter sport is hockey, especially during the Playoffs.

My team is the Montreal Canadians or Habs as they are fondly called. I love watching them tear up and down the ice and the roar of the crowd in the arena when the familiar shout goes up. “He shoots, he scores!”

As the clock ticks down on the third period my heart is always in my throat wondering if they can keep the opposing team from scoring in the final seconds.

The Habs won in overtime Thursday night against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden mainly due to Dustin Tokarski, the young Goalie who has taken the place of Carey Price who is out for the rest of the season due to an injury. 

Tokarski picked up his first career playoff win in what was a must-win Game 3 for the Habs.  Dustin Tokarski made 35 saves during the game giving us hope of the Montreal Canadians winning the Stanley Cup.

We wait for Saturday night Hockey Night in Canada to cheer on our team. Go Habs Go!



© Copyright 2014 River (riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1992723-Hockey-Night-in-Canada