*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1993590-Query-Letter
by David
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Other · #1993590
My query letter for Hook Us.
Half past midnight on a gloomy Saturday morning, the streets of Custerton are sodden, desolate, and hushed. Gloomy as are the majority of things after a storm, the only light emerges from the few street lights that give off more shadows than one can be comfortable around. Comfortable in a sense of security and opulence, but neither will be found. Darkness gives home to the cavernous sorrow, desperation, and uncertainty that we dub the human experience. It calls out wanting residents. Akin to a dog and its master, we come unknowing of the seduction and addiction it provides.

Among the shadows on the side of Morgans Irish Bar, fallen to the temptations in a hole so deep no light can reach and no happiness can prosper, a man contemplates. Drawing in the last possible hit before there's nothing but filter on his cigarette.


My book "The Gamble of a Lifetime," will take readers through a thrilling adventure. A truly emotional roller coaster following Carl as he tries to piece his life back together. Gambling is the addiction he lives with, and what puts him through his crazy ventures he gets wrapped up in. Carl must do whatever it takes to fix his wrongs, even if it means doing work for some unpleasant people.

Thank you for considering my book!

© Copyright 2014 David (davidsapp1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1993590-Query-Letter