*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1996936-DBs-Pokemon-Y-Nuzlocke---Day-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1996936
Please go read Day 1&2 before this if you haven't already.
Welcome, reader, to Day 3 of my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke challenge! If you haven't read Day 1&2 yet, I strongly suggest you stop and go read that, then come back to this in order to understand what's going on. If you have, then read on dear reader.

So after beating Viola, I head for Parterre Way, (Route 4) but get stopped by Alexa. She gives me the EXP Share which I promptly turn off. That thing shall never be turned on again, as per my self-imposed restrictions. So I beat on a Preschooler boy I pity for trading for Magikarp that doesn't even know Tackle yet, and a Preschooler girl who thinks she's Navi. Then three Gardeners all carrying Corphish. Eventually, I reach the end of the route and meet Sina and Dexio, who 'lead' me into Lumiose and Sycamore's Pokemon lab. I go up to the third floor and he challenges me to a battle. "Just so you know, I'm not that tough." And then he sends out a LV 100 Mewtwo that spams Psystrike. Well, actually just Lv 10 Kanto starters. Sara takes care of them all quite handily, using Work Up twice to make up for Rivalry, then takes out Bulbasaur with one Ember. The other two take a flinch-inducing Headbutt then another Headbutt to finish it off. After that, I get to pick one! ...I suppose I'll have to skip on Diantha's Ralts until my challenge is over...if I make it that far. Anyway, I pick Charmander and nickname him Charles. He's Adamant, and nods off a lot, which is kind of a problem for the Charizardite Y I receive but whatever. Once that's done I head out for Parterre Way to catch something.

...It ends up being a Ledyba. I nickname it Gosei and shove him in the PC box. And of course much better stuff shows up after, including Skitty and Budew, but I can't catch them because that Ledyba had to show up first. Probably should have just fainted it and catch nothing on the route... I head back into Lumiose to go into Cafe Soleil to meet up with Serena and eavesdrop on a conversation between Diantha and Lysandre.

"I would end the world in an instant so that beauty never fades." or something to that effect. Really shows a bit of his character right from the start. Anyway, Serena wants to make things a little competition, claiming she won't lose. Sorry, dear, you're going to have to get used to having your derriere handed to you time and time again. With that, I head for Versant Road... (Route 5) and get a Holocaster call from Tierno telling me to come out on the route I was just about to head to. Telling me Miltank go "Moo!" would have been more helpful...

Once on the route, I'm not quite attacked by Lucario, and Korrina comes chasing after it. A little chatting, and the indication that I'll be facing her soon, and I'm free to go again. First up, Twins! Twins with Plusle and Minun! Twins with Plusle and Minun that make no attempt whatsoever to use Special attacks for the boost with Plus and Minus being together, but at least can Helping Hand into Quick Attack! Then I figure I should catch something, and...Gulpin. Not my first choice, but at least Gluttina is far more resilient than a Ledyba. This Sticky Hold wielding female is Lax with a sturdy body that's almost all stomach. Yawn is incredibly useful, and she picks up Sludge pretty soon after capture. Soon, I meet up with Tierno and Trevor, the former challenging me to a battle with a Corphish knowing Swords Dance. Gluttina mostly shuts it down with Yawn before I switch to Chesna who Vine Whips to victory. After, I continue on my way through the route, collecting Hone Claws and beating trainers along the way to Camphrier Town. While training, Chesna reaches Lv 16 and evolves into Quiladin.

Charles: Lv 15
Sara: Lv 15
Gluttina: Lv 15
Pan: Lv 16
Chesna: Lv 16

After saving, I try to leave, but get told to go to Shabboneau Castle. So I go, and apparently Shauna's there talking with the current owner. He knows nothing about Mega Evolution, naturally. But then he's called to go to Riviere Walk (Route 7) and I'm suggested to go check it out. Once there...BIG. FAT. SLEEPING. SNORLAX. Doing what it does best by blocking the bridge to the rest of the route, of course. I'll be attempting to catch the slumbering beast, but first...the Poke Flute. Which is at Parfum Palace. Alright then.

I head back and then north along Palais Lane (Route 6) carefully so as to try not trigger the shaky bushes that would net me either Audino or Venipede. Yeah, like I'm going to actually catch a Honedge for my Nuzlocke... Fight a couple of tourists, and Charles evolves into a Charmeleon! Yay! Eventually, I arrive at Parfum Palace, and Shauna kicks up a fuss over what I'm going to assume would be the equivalent of paying $10 to get past the gate. Not exactly thrilled, either, but considering I haven't bought anything all play through so far I'm not exactly strapped for cash. Immediately upon entering the owner is in a panic over his beloved Furfrou having gone missing. I don't have a choice, I have to go help find the blasted dog monster. To the courtyard!

First up, grab stuff, including HM01 Cut from the eye of the Chandelure. (warning: trying to retrieve something from a real Chandelure's eyes is ill advised.) And a Super Potion from one of its flames. (again, don't try this with a real one) After grabbing the Super Potion from the male Pyroar face, I finally go to tackle what is probably the most difficult puzzle in the game: cornering Furfrou. Well, more annoying than hard, the Ice Path in Johto was harder. After 'rescuing' the beast, the owner decides to throw some 'wonderfrou' fireworks to celebrate. Ugh.

One scene that people may look too hard into and fireworks later, Shauna tells that we need the Poke Flute to wake up Snorlax. The owner has his butler do the dirty work, apparently too much of an all important rich guy to get his own hands dirty with it. Whatever. I head out with the 'borrowed' flute and take the western path back. Double Furfrou battle? No, no, no, no, no... Maybe later when I'm more certain that I won't lose someone to double Furfrou. I didn't sign up to have to take on every trainer as I encounter them...though that may be an idea for next time if I want. So I instead take the eastern path, pick up Venoshock, and encounter Oddish. Crud. Well I catch her and nickname her Adelle...then put her in the PC for now. I already have a good Grass type still active, and a Poison type. And I have a shot at a pretty powerful Pokemon at this point in game that won't really require catching up all that much. So back to Camphrier Town to rest up for...When Snorlax Attack!

Charles: Lv 16
Chesna: Lv 16
Gluttina: Lv 16
Pan: Lv 17
Sara: Lv 17
© Copyright 2014 Detective Barricade (dbarricade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1996936-DBs-Pokemon-Y-Nuzlocke---Day-3