*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1997889-Prompt-4-Capricorn
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1997889
Someone gets a kick at lunch.
         “It’s such a beautiful day, I’ll take my lunch break in the goat exhibit and petting zoo,” Angela thought to herself as she pulled her packed lunch from the office refrigerator. Taking the stairwell down to the ground level was the prudent way to avoid beginning grabbed to do one more last minute item by the marketing staff.

         Walking briskly Angela arrived at the goat exhibit and found an empty bench on which to have her lunch and watch the goats mill about their display area, the younger goats play at butting their heads.  She watched the thin parade of guests pass by the exhibit. Her eyes fell on Roger, the handler for the Leo the Lion.  What is he doing here?  I suppose even the handler gets to take a break from his charge. She turned her attention back to her salad.

         “Good day Miss Angela. May I join you?” asked Roger while lowering his tight derriere to the bench.

         “Sure, it’s a free country.” Angela tried to be careful hiding anxiety from her face. Forcing herself to try to make pleasant conversation she inquired “what brings you over here away from Leo?”

         “Oh, I just wanted to check around to see what types of domestic meats were available. Don’t want to get Leo’s delicate tummy upset.” He could read the shock on her face.  “Just kidding!  Leo arrived with a special recipe for his nutrition developed by the veterinarian that travels with us.” He laughed.

         Angela takes in a deep breath and struggles to resolve her fatalistic tendency. She really must try to not take everything said so literally.  Of course Leo would be on a special diet.  It would not do to have the big fellow getting sick before his procreative performance.

         “Although you worked with Mr. McPhearson, arranging to bring Leo to our zoo, I don’t recall that we have been properly introduced.  I am Angela Crawford, one of Mr. McPhearson’s many assistants.” Murmured Angela extending her hand to Roger.

         “Pleased to meet you Ms. Crawford. May I call you Angela? We will be seeing each other quite a bit while Leo performs his ambitious services.”
Angela could feel the color rising to her cheeks.

         “Come over to fence with me, I think I see something around the neck of one those kids.” Roger pointed to the petting area of the goat enclosure. As they walked inside the petting area Angela noticed that the little goat named Capricorn had a black ribbon tied around its neck.  Below the ribbon was a small box.  Roger cut the ribbon from the young goat’s neck and handed the box to Angela.  “What do you suppose it is?” he asked.

         Angela opened the box and found a polished black onyx oval with a silver inlaid heart in the middle of it.

         Roger received a swift kick to the back of his leg from Capricorn’s mother. “Ouch! I am reliably certain that will leave a hoof print!”

(w/c: 496)
© Copyright 2014 GaelicQueen (gaelicqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1997889-Prompt-4-Capricorn