*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1999148-I-can-love-you-more-Chapter-one
Rated: E · Chapter · Friendship · #1999148
A move from Perth to Sydney, Australia couldn't have gone better.
"Will flight 611 from Perth to Sydney, please get ready. Your flight is ready for boarding."

This is it. The moment I had been waiting for ever since I first decided on it. The day my life changes, hopefully for the better. Growing up I had always wanted to do what I had to, to give myself the best life I could.

"This is me," I said once the intercom over the entire airport finished. "This is my flight."

My mothers eyes were filled to the brim with unshed tears. "Oh my darling girl! I do hope you'll be careful," she said as she engulfed me in a hug. I guess it only just ht her that this was real. I really am moving across the country.

I groaned as her arms tightened around my shoulders. I wrapped my own arms around her waist and pat her back. "I always am." I looked up at my dad, who was standing behind my mum with a sort of proud but emotional look about him. I smiled as my mum let me go and I was able to hug him, as well. I loved both of my parents, but I was always more of a daddy's girl.

"We're proud of you, sweetie. Just know that," he said in his gruff voice.

I nodded my head as I blinked back tears. I have never been good with goodbyes.

I bent down and grabbed my carry on luggage, which was just my handbag, filled with my switched off phone, my iPod for the flight, and a nice book. I sighed, half smiled once more and started heading towards the ticket woman. There was only four people in front of me, so I wasn't waiting long, and before I knew it, I was able to show her my ticket.

She checked my ticket, smiling. "Enjoy your flight. Thanks for flying with Virgin Australia."

I smiled back as I thanked her. Before heading through the walkway, I turned and waved back at my parents. Gathering up as much courage as I could, I started making my way onto the plane. It was my first time not only flying by myself, but also my first time flying. Every holiday I have ever had I have driven my trusty, reliable car to. Of course, this isn't a holiday and my car wouldn't have made the week long trip. I had to sell her to be able to afford buying the plane ticket while it was on special.

Once I reached the end of the walkway, and I was in the doorway of the plane, I took a deep breath. I showed my ticket to another woman, whom directed me to walk on the left side of the plane. I found my seat, and took note of the two empty seats next to me. I was in the window seat, which I thought might be a new experience. At least I can look out of the window to distract myself if I start to panic. Moving to the other side of the country, with only an apartment fully furnished planned was a scary prospect. However I thought Sydney would be best for my new career as a radio broadcaster. They seem to have the most radio shows.

I sat down in my seat and only a minute later two arguing people made their way down the aisle and sat down next to me. Great, am I going to need to put up with them for the entire four hour flight? I hope not.

"You should have gotten us first class!" the girl screamed. She was sitting in the aisle seat, while the guy was next to me.

"I am sorry. I can't exactly afford first class plane tickets! Maybe if you get a job when we get home you can help me save next holiday and we can go first class."

I turned my attention to the window and watched all the little ant sized people work on getting the plane ready to take off. I tried to tune the argument out, but it was proving to be more and more difficult.

"If you worked more I wouldn't need to! I am trying to get pregnant right now! I can't be flying with common people."

"Shut up!" I muttered under my breath.

Suddenly they were both quiet, looking at me. Oops, was it that loud?

"What?" she asked, shocked.

"You heard her, Sasha. She said shut up," he said, smuggly.

In the corner of my eye I noticed 'Sasha' give me an evil look.

I turned back to the window and was planning on just waiting for the flight to take off in peace, however he wouldn't let me.

"Thank-you for that. I thought she was not going to shut up. I am Ashton, by the way."

"Lily," I said.

"Well, thank-you, Lily. I owe you."

I shook my head. "You don't. I just don't like arguing couples. Especially when I am already nervous enough for my first flight."

"Oh? Why are you flying to Sydney by yourself, then?"

"I am moving over there. I figured Sydney was the best place for me."

"Well, it's a great city. I'm sure you'll like it." I smiled at him.

"Thanks. Here's hoping."

I grabbed my bag from the ground and grabbed my iPod and headphones out. I plugged it in and started listening to music.

---------

Soon enough I was being shaken awake. I didn't realise I had fallen asleep. Maybe my 4am flight was a good thing.

"Yo, Lily, we're here in Sydney," Ashton said. I looked around and noticed everyone was getting up and grabbing their carry ons and walking in a calm manner out of the plane.

I smiled. "Thanks." Sasha was nowhere to be seen. She must have gotten off as soon as she could. I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood up, holding my bag, putting my iPod back in it.

I followed Ashton off the plane and to the baggage collection.

"So, where are you living? Do you need a lift? My car is right outside in the car park."

I smiled politely. "No offence, I don't really know you. For all I know you could be some mass murderer, looking at me as your next victim."

Ashton chuckled. It was a beautiful sound. Wait, what am I thinking? He has a girlfriend. But then again his girlfriend is a bitch and his dimples really stand out on his cheeks. "I can promise you I am not, but that's cool. It's good you have stranger smarts."

"Well, my mum did drill it in my head for weeks before I left."

Just then I saw my bag come out of the back area. I grabbed it and smiled at Ashton once more before leaving. "Thanks for telling Sasha to shut up at the beginning of the flight. She really did shut up for the entire flight."

"No worries," I smiled. "It was my pleasure." I turned around. "Maybe I'll see you around some time?"

"I hope so," he said.

I walked away with a smile on my face and a tiny skip in my step. If everyone in Sydney was as friendly and cute as Ashton, I was really going to enjoy my new life here.
© Copyright 2014 tash263 (tash263 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1999148-I-can-love-you-more-Chapter-one