*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1999393-Prompt-7-Sagittarius
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1999393
Roger believes he is clever.
(w/c: 209)

         Pulling out his smartphone Roger looked over the schedule again. The charity ball decorations were being installed now. Feeling optimistic, Roger was certain that his plan to switch the Hope Diamond with an imitation was straightforward. He would use Angela as a distraction, and a very pretty distraction she would be. He didn’t travel across the continent with a smelly, amorous lion to fail in this endeavor. The theme for the decorations at this weekend event was the Zodiac. Roger rigged the Sagittarius archer to actually launch an arrow which would hit the power cable, disabling the lights and security system. During the blackout he would make the switch and be back at Angela’s side when the emergency lights came on.

         The smartphone vibrated in his hand. The caller identification displaying “unknown”.

         “Hello.” He answered.

         “I know what you are planning. It is a tactless maneuver to involve the young woman.” The call dropped off.

         Staring perplexedly at the phone Roger thought about the message he was given. No one could have possibly known about his plan. Being extremely careful in all the planning, he had no partners to worry over. Finding the topaz stone in his pocket Roger brought it out,deftly rotating it the stone between his fingers.


© Copyright 2014 GaelicQueen (gaelicqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1999393-Prompt-7-Sagittarius