*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2000062-How-I-Met-the-Devil
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2000062
This is the story of how I, Ashley, met the devil named Lucifer.
"Luke! Wait up!" I said running to catch up with my best friend.

"Nope! No can do, you'll have to speed up!" He yelled back.

"That's no fair! You're too fast!" I yelled to him.

"Ha, Ha! No you're just too..." His words were left unsaid, because that's when my best friend in the world got hit by a truck and it's my fault he wasn't paying attention.

I woke up in a sweat, this was the third time I've had that dream. The dream had happened, but It had happened four years ago. I'm currently 18 years old, he would be turning 18 today, too.

"Crap! I've got to get going!" I said realizing the time. It was 9:00 and Luke's aunt visits his grave at 8:00 and there's a funeral listed at the cemetery at 10:00.

The reason I don't go before or when his aunt is there is because she still blames me and I don't blame her, because if I hadn't been so slow and made him turn around to talk to me he wouldn't be dead.

I really needed to hurry now. I'd already gotten changed, but I couldn't find my keys.

"Mom? Have you seen my keys I need to hurry and buy flowers and get to Luke's grave before the funeral starts!" I yelled for my mom.

"You're still going to his grave? Why, I never liked that kid something was very off about him." Said my mom from the couch in the living room.

"Mom! I know you didn't like him, but that doesn't mean I can't go! So, have you seen my keys or not?" I yelled getting mad, yet again, that me and my mom have to go through this talk every year.

"No, I haven't and even if I had I wouldn't tell you. I just know one of these times something's going to go wrong and you're going to get hurt really badly or kidnapped and I'll never see you again! So, no I haven't seen your keys." My mom yelled getting all worked up while I was barely listening after I heard her say that she hadn't seen my keys.

"Never mind! I found them." I said as I saw them on the counter in the kitchen.

I grabbed my coat and said "Bye Mom, I'll be back in 30 minutes to an hour."I closed the door not wanting to hear her reply.

"Oh, I've got a bad feeling this time she better be careful! Good thing I stashed a knife in her coat." Was what my mom was thinking as I got into my car.

The car ride was not long and I stopped to get Crocosmia Lucifer flowers (falling star flowers), Luke's favorite flower. At the funeral for Luke after he died the aunt was there and I didn't go because of that and so now I visit his grave every year and remember what happened that day. When I got to the cemetery I went straight to Luke's grave not wasting any time, so not to run into his Aunt.

"Hey, Luke. I brought you some of your favorite flowers." I said to the grave.

"Thanks, you now how I love my Lucifer flowers." said a voice from behind me and It sounded really familiar. When I turned around I saw someone who looked strangely like Luke, but with black hair and red-ish blue eyes instead of brown hair and blue eyes.

"Hi... Are you a brother of Luke's that I didn't know about?"

"No, I'm Luke, short for Lucifer." Said the strange man that looked like Luke, but I saw him get hit by a truck and there is no faking that! I saw him in that coffin and I touched his cold dead hand, there is no way to fake that!

"I didn't fake it, that was real and I was always Lucifer, leader of the dead, you just forgot that you gave me the nickname Luke when we were kids, well you were a kid I was posing as one." Lucifer said stepping closer as I stepped back.

"H-how? How did you know what I was thinking?!" I stuttered freaked out. I was now shaking and getting ready to run, but my back was to the grave and the only other options were to run so close to him that he could catch me or jump the grave and I was never good at hurdles in track.

"I am the leader of the dead, I can read minds of course." he said all matter of fact.

"You're not real! I'm just hallucinating!" I yelled taking bigger steps back.

"Oh really?" he said then grabbed my hand and then we were gone.

I must have passed out or something, because when I woke up I was in a strange room and It looked sort of familiar somehow. The room was dark but the bright blue light from outside was just enough to see the room. It was colored in a pattern somewhat like Luke's favorite flower. Flame red, dark purple and bright yellow ran down the walls. It felt comfortable and I was laid on a soft king sized bed with dark blue covers. I took off the covers, but quickly changed my mind when I found that the temperature of the room was as cold as ice.

"W-where am I?" I asked to myself not expecting an answer.

"Hell." A somewhat familiar voice said from the corner of the dark room.

"No, really where are we, where have you taken me and why does it feel so familiar?" I yelped surprised by the answer.

"No, I'm serious and it feels familiar, because I brought you here when "we" were young you just don't remember." Lucifer stated walking over to the bed with another blanket and sitting on the edge he put it over my shoulders, I just realized I was still shaking, really hard now! 'Why's it so cold?!' I thought.

"Because It's Hell the blue flames In your realm may be the hottest, but here they're the coldest and this place is covered with them." Lucifer said as he got up and opened the window to show me he was, one telling the truth and two the flames were there and everywhere else, but in here there was a red fire going in the fireplace I'd just noticed.

"Why is there a red fire in here if everywhere else has blue?" I asked kind of confused.

"Well I didn't want you to freeze to death! It used to be a blue fire, but I thought I'd be nice and keep you warm instead of admiring the beauty of the blue flame." He said staring at the flames outside, they were beautiful.

"Oh...thanks." I said blushing at my kidnapper. Hey, yeah he kidnapped me! I should be mad!

"Hey! Take me home! Why did you bring me here? Why did you say you were Luke when we met, that's really cruel you know I saw him die... you can't be him!" I yelled at Lucifer the 'leader of the dead' yeah right this is just an elaborate hoax!

"It's not a hoax and I brought you here, because you didn't believe me. I am Luke, I just temporarily died." he stated just like that.

"You j-just read my mind again, d-didn't you? B-but it's not possible!"

“Yes, It is.” Lucifer said smiling.

"F-fine, whatever. If you really are Luke when's my birthday?" I asked flustered.

"December 1, 1995." Lucifer answered.

"W-well anyone could know that with a little looking. What did I do when I was 5 to get my broken leg?" I asked the one thing that I only told Luke.

"You slipped on a banana peel, fell on your butt, then tried to get up and broke it falling back down." He said with a straight face.

"H-how... I only told that to Luke how'd you know?!" I yelled blushing in the cold room.

"Like I said, I am Luke." Lucifer said getting me another blanket.

"T-thanks... Then if you're Luke how did you 'temporarily' die?" I asked still not totally believing, I mean people don't just die and then comeback! Do they? Well this place shouldn't exist either...so?
© Copyright 2014 teen story writer (wolfwriter242 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2000062-How-I-Met-the-Devil