*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2000087-The-adventure-begins
by Mel
Rated: ASR · Other · Thriller/Suspense · #2000087
Its a story about a camping trip and the dangerous person they find in the woods
Xandria Karandie found herself lying in the middle of a large bedroom. She sat up and noticed that the room seemed like it had that elegant touch at one point but now it was just falling apart. The paint was peeling off the walls and in some places the plaster was visible and falling to the floor. Where the hell am I? She thought to herself. She noticed that the windows were boarded up so she tried the bedroom door only to find it locked. She couldn’t figure out how she had gotten there, she didn’t have any bruises or a headache to indicate that she had been hit, nothing. The last thing she remembered was taking a sleeping pill before climbing into bed last night. She couldn’t think of anyone who would want to hurt her, fear was starting to creep up on her. Suddenly she heard footsteps and immediately got up and just stood there frozen to the spot, someone was unlocking the door. The door slowly swung open and she gasped when she saw who was standing there. Then she woke up.
It took her a moment to realize that she had just had a dream within a dream which was unusual because she never remembered her dreams. She got up and used the bathroom and then got dressed. Then she went downstairs for a little breakfast. Just as she made it downstairs the doorbell rang.
Ding dong…
“Hi, Sacha! Come on in.” Xandria said to her best friend.
“You about ready to go?” Sacha asked.
“Just about. I want to get some breakfast before we leave.” Xandria replied.
“What’s wrong?” Sacha asked genuinely concerned. “Something just doesn’t seem right.”
“I don’t know. I had a very strange dream last night and I’m still trying to figure out what it means. I don’t know if it was a warning for me or for you or for both of us.” Xandria explained as she got her favorite cereal out of the cupboard.
“You have my attention, why don’t you tell me about it.” Sacha replied
“Ok I had a dream last night, about some house that was crumbling and I was locked in the bedroom and then you came through the door, then I woke up.” I can’t figure out what the hell it was about. Any ideas?”
Sacha thought about it for a moment. “No idea, sounds like your imagination just running away. It was just a dream. I wouldn’t worry about it. So, how far are we hiking today?”
“Let’s finish the trial today, what do you say?” Xandria proposed.
Sacha thought about it for a minute. “Won’t that take longer than a day though?”
“Probably end up taking the entire weekend, but I feel like getting away. Xandria replied as she put her dishes in the sink.
“I don’t have my tent or anything else packed.” Sacha regretfully replied.
“I have everything packed that we will need. I have it all in two backpacks on the back porch. I just really feel like we both need to get away from it all for a while. Are you in?” Xandria pleaded. “Come on!”
“Ok fine I’m in.” Sacha agreed.
“Let’s get going then.” Xandria said with a smile as she headed for the back porch.
Sacha grabbed her phone and ran out the door with her best friend leading the way. They were about to have an adventure that neither one of them expected.
Sacha and Xandria had been hiking all day and dusk was falling.
“We need to find a place to set up camp” Sacha mentioned to Xandria.
“Yeah, you’re probably right, it is getting late. Sorry I hadn’t really been paying attention.” Xandria replied. “Ooooh.”
“Wow.” Sacha gasped as she noticed the sight Xandria had just found before them.
It was a rather large clearing with lots of different flowers growing everywhere.
“It’s so beautiful out here and you can really smell the cleanliness of the air. Want to set up camp right here?” Xandria asked.
“I think you already know the answer to that one.” Sacha giggled and put her pack on the ground.
It didn’t take long for the girls to get the tent set up and a campfire going. Dinner was started the second everything was set up and they quietly ate their hot dogs, chips, and of course smores for desert.
“Oh my god I’m so stuffed. I shouldn’t have eaten so much.”
Haha Sacha laughed “You were just as hungry as me. You want to tell campfire stories when we get this all put away?”
“Sure.” Xandria agreed and put all their garbage into the garbage bag, while Sacha put all the food back into their respectful containers and packed them into her pack. Then they checked to make sure the tent was open and their beds were made. Within a few minutes everything was all picked up and ready to go for the evening.

He had heard that she had moved to Converse Washington. The town was relatively small but still big enough that it would take a while to track someone new down. He moved out there hoping that he could secure a cabin in the woods and he was very lucky because one had just gone on the market the week before. When he called it was at a fairly decent rate so he signed the lease for a year.
He had only been in town for about a month when he spotted her. She was sitting outside a local diner having lunch with a friend. The rage started to flare up inside but he knew he had to keep his distance so he didn’t blow the whole thing and start all over again. He just laid low and watched for a while getting to know her routine and figuring out who she hung out with. Within a month he knew where she worked, who she hung out with, and what she did with her down time.
He waited for the perfect opportunity and it finally came along in mid July. He happened to be in the woods hunting when he spotted the girls hiking. He had noticed they were lugging backpacks and that could only mean one thing they were planning on camping.
“Perfect!” he whispered to himself with a smile forming on his face. He kept low and a good distance away so they wouldn’t notice they were being followed. When they had stopped for the night he had decided to go get a few supplies that he would need in order to get both girls back to his cabin without too much trouble.

“I’ll go first” Xandria offered
“Ok.” Sacha challenged her. “Let’s hear it.”
“About 15 years ago there was a murder about 10 miles from here. It was very horrific and was the subject for countless news stories. We literally heard about it for weeks. Anyway this girl named Loren was burned to death by some girls that claimed to be her friends. They lured her out of her house telling her that they wanted her to go to a party with them. They stopped at this popular campground and told her that they would have to hike the rest of the way. The party was being held in a clearing, because no one wanted to get caught. They pulled a bunch of alcohol out of the trunk and started up the trail, Loren being right in the middle of the bunch. When they got there and Loren noticed that no one else was there she started getting a little scared and asked what was going on. The girls just smiled at her and one of them pulled out a knife. She had started to back away when they grabbed her and tied her up. Then they started stabbing her all while laughing the whole time. For a while she screamed until she fell unconscious then they decided to pour gas on her and lit her on fire. They watched as her skin blistered and boiled, she screamed in pain and then there was nothing. They decided to get out of there quickly because they couldn’t stand the smell. It took several days before anyone found the body and several weeks to piece everything together. The girls were finally arrested and all sentenced to 25 years to life; however they are talking about releasing them early for good behavior.”
“How do you know about all this?” Sacha asked.
“I went to the trial and listened to the whole thing. Loren was my friend, we weren’t real close but we did talk every now and then. Your turn, I don’t want to talk about this anymore.” Xandria whispered tears welling up in her eyes.
“I’m so sorry Xandria.” Sacha told her friend. “I can’t even imagine how you must feel about that.”
SNAP
“What the hell was that” Xandria exclaimed.
“It sounded like a tree branch. Hello?” Sacha called out
She took the flashlight that she had right beside her and shinned it into the woods. Both girls looked around and listened for a minute but didn’t hear anything else.
“It was probably just an animal, I mean after all we are in the woods.” Xandria tried to rationalize more to herself than to Sacha. “Why don’t you go ahead with your story.”
SNAP
“I think there’s someone out there. That’s the second sound we’ve heard and it seems to be getting closer.
He put on his ski mask and emerged out of the woods.
“Hello, what do we have here?” He said and pulled out his gun. “Now don’t move or do anything stupid because I will hurt you.”
Both girls stood perfectly still and held hands. There seemed to be a hint of familiarity in that voice although she couldn’t quite place it.
“You, with the brunette hair, what’s your name?” He demanded.
“X..Xandria” She stuttered.
“Well Xandria, Here I want you to tie your friends hands behind her back, nice and tight now. We wouldn’t want her getting away now would we.” He slyly remarked all while pointing the gun at them.
“I’m sorry.” She whispered to her friend as she did what she was instructed. As soon as she was done he handed her some duck tape.
“Now tape her mouth shut.” He instructed.
Silently she did exactly what he said; tears were beginning to stream down her face.
“Now, here are some handcuffs. I want you to cuff your own hands behind your back. Then you’re going to start walking down that path over there and Blondie your going to follow her. Any wrong moves and I will kill the both of you, understand.” He instructed
They both just nodded and did exactly what they were told. An eerie and yet ironic feeling come over Sacha as they were being ushered away from their campsite. The voice of their kidnapper seemed oddly familiar to her but who was he? She thought for a moment and the only person that would want to hurt her was Scott Westerfield but there was no way he could have found her, could he? She prayed that it wasn’t but something told her she wasn’t that lucky. He led them to a small cabin in the middle of the woods. He put them both in a bedroom of this cabin and chained Xandria to the wall while tying Sacha to the bed. Then he left the girls alone in the dark.


© Copyright 2014 Mel (castanight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2000087-The-adventure-begins