*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2000665-Entry-for-716
by joenc6
Rated: E · Other · Music · #2000665
a brief note on playing well with others


                   Carlos slammed the drawer shut angrily, where had he put that blessed thing?  His garage was not the cleanest or most organized but he did try to do a modest job of remembering where he put things. His garage not unlike others, the requisite spare parts and empty cans of motor oil along with rolling tool chests littered the floor. In the corner was a drum set and along the wall under a window was a couch flanked by microphone stands.

                   Marc was standing bent legged with his hands in his back pockets "dude, what you looking for?" he said with a mixture of boredom and impatience, his expression belying an air of detachment. "We've been waiting for like, five whole minutes while you root around in this dump looking for whatever it is you're looking for. Me and the rest of the guys want jam these new tunes we been working on."

                   Carlos shot him an angry glare, and shook his head impatiently and dove into a stack of buckets covered with oily rags.

                   "Dude, if we ever want to get taken seriously as a band we gotta move outta this grungy pit and into a real studio and start laying down some tracks." Marc lamented.

                   "C'mon dude, lighten up" Billy offered from the other microphone stand "it ain't like you're offering much in the way of places to practice".

                   "What are you looking for anyway?" Marc asked again, growing more impatient. He disliked being ignored, especially when he considered himself the leader of the band and the only thing holding them together.

                   "Aha!" Carlos exclaimed as he held the item in front of his face.

                   "A tuning fork?"Marc quizzed

"Yeah man, I don't like your tone" Carlos cheered, "In fact, get the heck outta my garage".



300 words



© Copyright 2014 joenc6 (joenc6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2000665-Entry-for-716