*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001188-Black-Iron-the-Assassin-chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2001188
Damon journeys to the island.
Damon, with his sword hanging by his side, stepped into the small cabin that would be his home for the next two weeks.
He was glad it was simple and plain.
In it were only the necessaries: a table, two chairs, a bed and a wooden trunk.
Humming happily, he emptied his sack onto the table.
It contained, among other things, two very sharp steel daggers, a tiny bottle of deadly poison, a map of the island and a black and gray cape.
He stuffed every thing, but the map, into the trunk.
He returned to the table, took a seat and spread the map out before him.
He scanned over it.
Every mark must be memorized by the time they reached the island.
As he studied the map, the ship was gently rocked by the waves.

Two weeks later:
It was near midnight when Damon swaggered across the deck.
He graciously thanked the captain for his hospitality, and then made his way over to the railing.
Gripping the rope with his hands and his sack with his teeth, which he had sharpened, he carefully descended over the side of the ship.
When his feet touched the small wooden boat, he released the rope.
Two shrews, who were waiting in the boat, saluted him.
'Where to, Cap'n Damon?' The youngest of the shrews, Mickley, asked.
His brother, Garfin, poked him in the chest. 'You heard the orders, mud brain. I'm not repeating them.'
'If you don't tell me then I refuse to paddle!' Mickley crossed his arms.
'Then we're staying here all night long. See if I care.'
Damon shook his head in frustration.
This could go on for hours and he was eager to begin.
'The closest island. My two bickering friends.' He interrupted. 'Come on, got to get there before daylight.'
The shrews pulled on the oars while Damon gazed at the dark, forbidding island.
Before long, the boat scraped the sand.
Damon slung his sack over his shoulder and carefully stepped off.
As he waded threw the cold, knee-deep water, the shrews paddled back to the ship, arguing all the way.
Now, alone on an island ruled by vermin, his adventure had begun.
© Copyright 2014 TheShadowWarrior (shadowwarriorx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001188-Black-Iron-the-Assassin-chapter-2