*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001237-Standing-Against
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #2001237
Standing against The Regent and against his mercenaries
         My friends are really talented when it comes to play basketball, we play every day, from 3 pm until 9 pm. We normally play at the new local park that was  built a couple of years ago by the order of the Jacksonville's city hall. Like most of the time, an enormous and effulgent blue sky was spread over the sky resembling a delicate and radiant new tablecloth. Sometimes the reason why they selected me to be a part of the team seems like an ever growing wonder, for sure my skills in this sport were not the best. At least, after all the training every afternoon, watch me play is not the same visual torture that it was a couple of years ago.
         Compared to other days, today there was a quite different display in front of us. The sky looked great, still a pure cyan tone, warm and extremely peaceful. The difference laid on a huge dark purple patch above us, somehow it got there without us noticing. We all looked at the enormous purple patch, amazed, our mouths open for such a rare display; the purple object started to descend on us. Frozen due to the amazement we stood, for sure this doesn't happen all the time. After a couple of seconds the object that a moment ago was a huge purple patch in the sky landed on the field and it became a form in the middle of a now black circle, a huge form. From the center of the circle a huge humanoid form came to live, around 9.8 feet tall, all black, two massive red burning-coil like horns emerged from its head, the rest of the body composed by a shinning onyx-like black metal, that thing looked like a super muscular dude, a big pentagram carved in pure gold rested over its chest, a face full of hate, holding the wrath of centuries found its way to the creature's head.
         "Seth!" the form announced, "Come closer" the sound of my name sent a shiver through my body. Not only the sound of my name made an imaginary ice cube slide through my back. Not completely sure why he wanted me closer; my left foot found its way closer to the creature followed by my right foot and the creature stood there, a smaller distance between us. "There you are!" the large form growled. "My name is Merkah, they also know me as The Bellator. My clan is The Black Order, they sent me to take you back to your home planet, to your dimension, to Naasreh." My legs were stiff, not responding to my command. This is impossible, Merkah came for me, and not only for me, he wanted to take me back to that hell of Naasreh. Now the memory came to my mind, who doesn't know Merkah, he almost killed me on my way out from Naasreh some years ago. "You are the best combatant, but that doesn't mean you can defeat me. You're supposed to be in Naasreh, Seth!. Even under that insignificant human form you can't hide forever." After a brief pause he proceeded  "You tell me, you reach Naasreh dead or..." at that moment a silver long sword came out from Merkah's scabbard, the blade was easy 5 feet long "You know the other way, after all, you'll be back by the end of the day"
         My human dudes now know the truth, and also they're nowhere to be seen, but that's comprehensive. What's the use of my human form anymore. We all had our Miami Heats jerseys on when we were playing, when my body took my real, great and strong form my jersey was destroyed. What used to be my favorite Miami Heats jersey is now reduced to a bunch of tiny pieces of my favorite team. My back is now fully grown and strong,  my arms steel hard, after a couple of seconds my human body accepted my real height, my body is now 2 feet taller than my human 6.1 feet. "You can't take me back!" The sound came hard as a growl out of my mouth "But you can try. Let me warn you" after a moment, my voice pronounced in a low tone "That's not gonna be an easy task"
         Faster than the sound his right foot impacted my chest in a push, throwing me backwards a good three meters away from where my body was a moment ago. Thankfully, with the same force my body was sent backwards, balance was easily found and allowed me to get back up. When my eyes found my enemy's face once more, he was less than a meter way from me; fast as a lightning, his sword tried to find my face, failing just by two centimeters. Moving my body to the left to avoid the impact, my movement created a space in where my right  foot found its way into this bastard's solar plexus. With his body arching due to the impact, my left elbow found target in Merkah's jaw in a reverse hit, the impact made his massive long sword fall hard to the ground. Having his head at my chest level, a second later my left arm was around his throat putting his head under my arm, Merkah was on the air a second later, about to hit the ground with his back as my body fell backwards to create the necessary impulse to throw him high in the air. The scream of pure pain produced by my enemy's mouth is a sweet melody to my ears. With my enemy on the ground my foot missed my enemy's head just for a short distance. Not having much luck, he grabbed my foot and twisted it, my skin was being ripped from the inverted angle my foot was. Throwing my leg to the side he grabbed my torso with both hands and threw both of his legs to my face, impacting my nose and creating a waterfall of blood streaming from my left eye. Fortunately, my body managed to keep its balance. In the other side, Merkah had his long sword on hand one more time.
         "You're getting better, let me say. That doesn't mean that's enough to defeat me." Merkah shouted, the wrath of ages held withing his burning-red eyes. In the blink of an eye, what used to be his long sword became two thin silver swords, one on each hand. "Let's see how good you stand for round two" The Bellator announced. Both of his swords attempting deadly blows to my head and chest. Thanks to my speed in this dimension he didn't couldn't reach me for a while, until the last moment, a new cut was burning in my left forearm as his sword touched me when my arm covered my face. At the exact moment the sword in the left side tried to impact my shoulder, my right foot found his hand and that made Merkah drop his sword one more time, grabbing it with my left hand before it touched the ground the sword felt lighter than it looked. With his sword trusted in my left hand and close to my adversary, blocking his attacks was easier than before. Still, each impact of his words against mine sent a shock through my arms and the pain in my shoulders was spreading to my arms as well. When - what it felt like the millionth attack - impacted my sword, spark came flying due to the great force of the shock between the two massive silver swords. Having my enemy blind for the sparks flying to his face, my sword came flying from my left hand shattering his sword. A second blow to his face opened  a big cut from his jaw to his right eyebrow. When he stepped back from me to cover his face, my right foot pushed my enemy with a kick to his chest, the same way he did to me. When he regained his balance, my sword came flying from my hand and towards his chest, the sword impacted right in the middle of the golden pentagram. Screaming, cursing, and with ichor streaming from the middle of the pentagram with the encrusted sword in it, Merkah looked at me and said "You were lucky this time, The Regent have offered a great ransom for your head. There are other twelve mercenaries coming for you, and you better get ready to die." The circle from where Merkah appeared the first time was again around his body, with a colossal sound resembling a bomb, my enemy disappeared.
         The sky returned to its neath blue hue, not afraid to show its beauty anymore. Who knows when the sky will have to hide behind dark clouds again, hide as if it was afraid of such a horrible beast appearing in the surface of earth. The clouds better be ready to protect and hide the sky,  for other twelve are coming... and now they know where to find me.
© Copyright 2014 Alexx Martinez (alexxander at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001237-Standing-Against