*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001257-Shocking-Reality
by Rendr
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2001257
A new Indian reality show
Reality shows are nothing new to me. I have been familiar with them from over a decade now.I endured most of the ghastly ones. Those countless Bollywood award ceremonies,where enacted splendid moments are forced on us, didn't affect me a bit. I even successfully managed to survive the shows of Telugu reality star Omkar "Annaiah". Even that episode, where all the contestants fell at Omkar's feet imploring for forgiveness, didn't shrink me the least.

But tonight, I believe that the course of reality show was taken to new heights. I simply reeled at what i saw. I felt feverish for almost an hour thereafter.

We are familiar with the formats of reality quiz shows. When the guest answers a question correctly, he either gets a terrific applause or handsome amount of money.But, on this show,for a change, the guest would be given an electric shock for every wrong answer.

Tonight, the victims on the show were new singers, who are struggling to make it big in Tollywood. One of these guys, I can say, is an impressive singer.He appears kind and has a sympathetic soul. He never fails to put up that innocent smile of his, but tonight a trace of it was not seen.

The poor chap was asked questions concerning cricketers in movies. From the look of him, you could easily say that sports was the last thing he would know.In fact, you ask him anything other than music, he would have given a sheepish smile. So, naturally, he failed to answer.Immediately, a electric node attached to his hand was made to work. The shock gave him a jolt and made him to wince painfully. His attitude was like one of those animals which walked into the trap unknowingly. He seemed as if for the first time, he understood the intensity of the game. But, that was just the start. As he didn't know a bit of what the host had been asking, he was continuously administered electricity. For about sometime, current was incessantly in contact with this guy. He quivered like a leaf throughout the question hour.

Even the audience must have been equally shocked to watch this. What is so amusing to watch when someone is tortured by electric shock, I couldn't say. But, I am very sure that hence forth this guy would simply feel sick at the idea of any reality show.
© Copyright 2014 Rendr (raja.muthyala at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001257-Shocking-Reality