*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001494-An-Honest-Answer
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Psychology · #2001494
A very significant conversation


An Honest Answer

- Hi Honey - Hug
+ Hi Honey - Hug back.
- What you wanna do today?
+ Everything!
- What?
+ Everything.
- What do you mean?
+ You asked what I want to do - I want to do everything.
- Ha! - I know you just like to give me a hard time. I mean what would you like to do with me -- today, you old nut!
+ Everything. Preferably something I haven't done before. What are you going to do today?
- I wanted to do something with you. That's why I asked what you want to do today.
+ OK.
- Damn IT! Youre just tryin' to be annoying now! Will you just please tell me what you want to do today!?
+ I did. I'm sorry. What do you want me to say?
- I want you to give me a fuckin' straight answer!!
+ Sorry. OK. How about if you decide what we will do today?
- But I want to be nice to YOU! I wanted to do something with you that YOU want to do!!
+ Well I told you that I want to do everything. I guess that would have to encompass anything. So, I guess, you can decide what we're going to do, and what ever you decide it'll be someting I want to do. Smile.

- Don't smile at me you son of a bitch! you're just ryin' to make me mad now!
+ Sorry. I hate it when you get mad. What do you want me to say?
- GRRRR!!! YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT YOU TO SAY!!!
+ Hmmm---OK. Today - I would like to do, with you, the thing or things, that you think, would make you the most happy today. OK? Can I smile now?
_ FUCK! YOU!!
+ Hunh? That hurts.
- Now You'r being patronizing and sarcastic!
+ That wasnt my intention. Honest! I really want you to be happy. Can't we just do something today that will make you happy? Please calm down I really want you to be happy.
- OK! I'm sorry! I guess maybe I got so upset because I just wanted to make you happy too. I should have asked what you would like to do today that would make you happy. OK?
+ OK. Smile.
- So?
+ What?
- GRRR! What would make you HAPPY?!!
+ Everything - anything - I'm already happy.
- GRRR!! What would make you happier than you are now?!
+ Maybe doing something that I have never done before. Maybe that would make me happier. Maybe it wouldnt though. What difference does it make? What would really make me happier is to do something that would make you happier. What could we do that would make you happier than you are now?
- I'm not happy now!!
+ Oh, so what could we do to make you happy?
- I don't know!! Nothing I guess.
+ I'm sorry.




© Copyright 2014 Geoff (rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001494-An-Honest-Answer