*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001604-The-Accident
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2001604
A young teenager is seriously injuried in a car wreck.
The Accident

Prologue
I had a perfect life until October 10, 2013. My family wasn't rich, but very close to. I have perfect, straight white teeth and a perfect hair, cut by famous Trevor Sorbie. I was also the best athlete in school, rivaled only by my best friend, John Dell.
Or, at least I did.

Chapter 1
"Hey Mom! Can I borrow the car keys? I want to head over to John's!" I yelled.
My Mom, Shelby Wesley, came down the stairs, carrying her purse. She handed me the keys, and handed me some money. "I want you to fill the car up, please, and please be careful, OK?"
"Ok and yes." I replied. I didn't know that was the last time I would walk out of the house by my self for until 2 years later.
***
The only bad thing was I had to drive the old car from when I was 7.
We had just got a new one, a new Chevrolet Corvette. The old one was an old beat up Toyota Corolla. I started the pitiful piece of junk up. It whirred for a second, until I pushed the pedal a little more. Then it completely died out. I tried again and again, but it wouldn't start. So I went back in and got the Chevy keys and started it up.
Man, it sure did sound nice. I revved it a little, and then put in drive.
I floored towards the intersection in which in the light had just turned green.

Then.....

Chapter 2
I hit the pole at a breakneck speed of 70mph.
Everything was fine until some idiot clipped my left tire, putting my car at an angle where it hit the light pole head-on. Turns out that the driver was actually texting, and was charged with driving while impaired, and was almost charged with vehicular manslaughter.
When the accident occurred, the only thing I remember before I hit the pole was
Counter-steer as much as I could. Then I hit the pole. The loudness of the impact was like the World Trade Center falling. Then it was like the world stopped. I remember thinking, "Oh man. Looks like I'm dead now. "
But I wasn't.
All I knew was that the front end of my pride and joy was crushed in.
There was glass everywhere, like in those TAC commercials.
My left leg was broken by the dashboard and that was when I looked around.
I looked out the window and saw the teenage girl who clipped me running towards me.
I looked at the cracked rearview mirror and saw that I was a bloody mess.
I don't know if it was from the trauma or not, but that's the last thing I remember about the scene of the accident.











© Copyright 2014 Adam Perkinson (adamperkinson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001604-The-Accident