*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001971-KalidaSecret-Swept
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2001971
A robbery at a laboratory
Kalida: Secret Swept


Taylor Yellin focused on the sounds around him. He gently laid his silver hand on the main door. The people around him made him jumpy. Could everyone see that he was a different color than before? Taylor shrugged his head at his own foolishness. Only anyone who knew him would realize he was a different color. He knew that.

Quickly, feigning confidence he really didn't feel, Taylor pushed open the door. The building was as quiet as he had imagined. Still his silver eyes looked furtively left and right. Any minute he expected someone to ask him what he was doing there.
He arrived at Dr. Bachla's lab. Everything seemed so quiet. Taylor's face split in a most unpleasant grin.
Empty lab. Too easy, he thought.

He pushed open the door and his bravado melted like snow during a rain storm. A young woman with green skin looked up. startled.

"May I help you,"her voice chirped like a chickadee. It grated on Taylor's nerve.

Without thought Taylor ran to the woman and put his hand firmly over her mouth. She shook.

"I just want the formula for color" he whispered in her ear.

The girl\s head bobbed up and down and her eyes shone in panic. Slowly he removed his hand. He shoved the girl forward. She gekk against a desk that was in the middle of the room.

The crash brought a 50ish man to the room. The lab coat denoted him as a least an assistant like the girl.

"Dr Backla, "The woman screamed," He's after the formula."
"What is the meaning of this", Bachla said.

Taylor grabbed a binder from the nearest shelf and hit the scientist in the face. Bachla fell to the floor and didn't move. Slowly Taylor turned and advanced on the terrified woman.

"Tell me where the  formula is. Look, I won't hurt you just tell me where the formulas is and I'll leave you to help the good doctor" he said.

"It's there," she said in a shaky voice and pointed to large shelf. Taylor smiled and went to the shelf. As he did an alarm went off.

As he did the young woman leaped from behind the desk where an alarm button must have been.

Taylor didn't make it out the door when armed men ran in and stuck guns in his face.

This was not his day.

 



© Copyright 2014 Wayne Foster (waynefoster3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2001971-KalidaSecret-Swept