*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002113-A-Place-Called-Anomie---Chapter-3
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2002113
G. Continues to wander in search of himself - If he realizes yet that he isn't there.
A Place Called Anomie


Chapter 3



Emm......Yawn......Groan.  Damn, my eyes are stuck shut - I hate it when that happens.  When I finally get them open they're gonna feel all grainy and dirty and gunky.  But I'll be able to gauge how drunk I was last night by how my eyes feel.  Damn, must have been pretty drunk - might need my Swiss Army knife to pry these old eyes open.  Ouch, damn, there, yipee, I can see again!

You've probably guessed by now that this is G. thinking, or talking to himself.  He seems to be doing allright by himself at the moment so I will let him be.  However, I, as narrator, will be here listening, ready to step in when needed; that will be soon if I know G. as well as I think I do.

Man - strange dreams.  Shit - four o'clock - wonder when I went to bed.  My suit sure is wrinkly.  I'll take it off and drop it on the floor - my hat too - she would be so annoyed - hmmm who is she? - oh well.  I stink - I should shower.  OK - dry now - I'm hungry.  I'll put on a clean pressed suit and fresh hat.

I apologize.  It seems G.'s conscious mind is relatively empty and uninteresting at the present.  I've a call in to the author for permission to take over.  I should have a reply soon.

Go down stairs in search of food - want breakfast - need some eggs - find restaurant - order four fried eggs - over medium - two slices of buttered toast.  "I'm sorry sir, but it is much too late for breakfast."  In horror G, replies, "Damn - give me eggs for lunch!"  "Sir, the only eggs for lunch are in the quiche."  Remaining in horror, G., with trembling voice, squeeks, "Ok - ok - three orders of quiches - quick! - whatever THEY are."

Oh my god! - It's 5:00 already - time for a drink - good -  the restaurant has a bar - have to change tables - can't start drinking at the breakfast table - at least the table where I ordered breakfast - anyway can't see the door from here - good, I can see the door from this one - soft seat - ergonomically designed chair, in case I'm here for a long while - my butt wont go to sleep.

Oh My God!  There she is!!  That must be her!!  Look at that big Hoe!!  Erg!  Emmm.  Gobble.  Gobble.

OK, that's enough.  I have just received permission to take over.  Just in time, for G.'s brain has reverted to totally subconscious thought.  He has no language for his subconscious thoughts, so I am now taking over as interpreter.  Anyway, a new character is being introduced, so things are bound to become confusing, without a narrator.  The new character is the person who caused  the final outburst in G.'s brain, causing a transient ischemic attack, and plummeting him into semi-subconsciousness.  I will describe her at the outset.  She is a very small girl, or I should say young lady, wearing what appears to be a chinese-peasant-farmer costume and carrying a large hoe, of the gardening type.  G. was not describing the girl herself as 'a big hoe'.  In fact it was the instant physical attraction he felt for this girl which precipitated his brain seizure.  At this moment his subconscious brain is working frantically to achieve enough cohesion in his psyche to make contact with this oriental goddess.

Shall we describe her further?  Yes we shall, as G. sees her and as I see her, which should be pretty much the same, since I, as narrator, should remain as objective as possible.  She is quite short and slim, and very pretty - of indeterminate age.  Her skin is as smooth as a young girl's, but her features hold the wisdom of the ages.  Her almond eyes narrow with shyness as they twinkle like a child.  Her eyes are only seen when she raises her head high enough for them to peek out from under the broad brim of her large conicle peasant's hat.  Whenever her eyes make a peek her mouth makes a tiny smile.  Such a mouth and such a smile!  Lips in a little red bow.  Bright red painted lips, but painted by nature - not by the hand of man or woman.  Red lips pursed tightly, face straining, possibly a giggle in the tummy, cheeks becoming rosey,  corners of her eyes slightly turning up, bow lips very slightly parting and turning up at the corners, tummy giggle rising, the eye peeks from beneath the peasant's hat increasing in number and duration, the smiles - oh my readers what I couldn't say about those smiles - until, finally, moving the hoe from her right hand to her left, she stands up straight, tilts her head back, unties the red bow of her little smile and makes us a present of her wide mouthed grin!  During this entire display the tiny goddess is staring directly at G.  I am sure it isn't necesary for me to mention the effect it is having on him.

The dazzlingly beautiful girl continues smiling at G.  Her smile, grin and other facial expressions, some indecipherable, seem to strobe across her face as she begins to stroll, saunter, undulate, skip, move, drift, or maybe just walk toward G.'s table.  It's hard to tell what kind of movement is going on below her waist since her lower body is encased in extraordinarily baggy chinese-peasant-farmer trousers.  G. thinks she is sexy as hell.

The dazzling young lady eventually arrives at G.'s table and appears to stand at attention, still grinning, she winks, and says, "Hi".
"Hi", G. winks - or maybe that's just a dazed blinking.
"My humble pardon sir", she bows and grins, "please to excuse my poor peasants clothing and my hoe", she smiles demurely and flutters her eylids.  "And I fear my body may stink which is very unpleasant for a nice oriental girl, which I surely am, to be required to say to such an obviously superior caucasian gentleman, which you surely are", she frowns with a pouty face.
"Please sit down",  says G., as he thinks, "Oh my GOD!  She's TALKING to me!  She only has eyes for me!  What should I DO?  What should I SAY? She IS sitting down!  Sniff Sniff, yes I can smell her, but I sure wouldn't say she stinks!  Woops, I better put my napkin on my lap!"

She glances over the table at G.'s lap and smiles with her eyes as she sits, and says, "Thank you so much for the invitation, to sit I mean", smile - wink - eye flutter.

G. is blushing, smiling and desperately searching his mind for words.  I'm sure you could give him many words to use, I know I could.  What he comes up with is, "How are you today?"  I know right?  Suave.

The glitteringly glamourous, gamin is surely not in need of help in her search for words.  She enters into a long monologue explaining not only how she is today, but also how she has been for a large portion of her life.  G. is relieved; he can spend some time and gather his thoughts.  He realizes that he is going to have questions for this dazzler when she finishes, and considers taking out his notebook to make notes on her exposition so his questions might be somewhat inteligent, but he thinks it might look somewhat gauche, ( actually 'dumb' is what he thinks.  Gauche is my translation.)  When she does finally conclude his only question is, "What's your name?"

Before we allow him to ask this insightful question, (actually it is insightful - he had enough insight to realize that she had not given her name), I should fill you in on the important information given in the monologue.  I'll be condensing this deliciously fascinating young lady's story, I'm becoming somewhat bored with her.  I'm sorry - That's a lie - I'm just jealous because I'm only the narrator and not part of the action.  I truly believe I could show this young girl - this delicious young girl, whose deprtment may be dubious, no doubt, and wose virtue is yet to be determined, emm, well, anyway, I would deem myself more determined to decide if her deportment deserved my devoted attention - more so than G.

The girl's story condensed into the words of the narrator:  Today I am very tired and dirty and stinky and sweaty and drippy and sleepy from walking all the way from my small village far to the south all the way here to ______City, all in just one day.  Oh, and yes, I am hungry.  I have lived my whole life in the village with my father who at one time was a fisherman, until he got hurt and is now a farmer who raises chickens for meat and for eggs, and he has a garden for fruits and vegetables.  We sell many eggs but also eat many eggs and chickens and fruits and vegetables.  I get so anxious and excited and tired and lazy with the slow life of the village.  Only a few people, not many people, not many pretty people.  Sometimes I must just leave the village and come to the city, to relax among the tall buildings and the crowds.  This morning I just HAD to leave.  I just started running - I even forgot to set down my hoe.  I think I was in very much of a hurry to get here to engage in one of the major pastimes for which I journey to the large city, which is to seduce strange men, (and sometimes women), and to engage in wild, wanton, and sometimes weird, sexual activities with them.  ---  That, in a nutshell, is what she related to G.

This is when G. gets around to saying, "What's your name?"  And then, thinking fast, he says, "My name is G."
"Hello Jee, pardon my accent, Sashimi."
"Waiter!  The lady wants to olace an order."
The girl appears perplexed.  "Ah, No.  My NAME is Sashimi."
"Oh, I see, lovely name.  I thought you were just hungry."
"Well I am hungry, but my name is Sashimi.  When I was little my name was Sushi.  That is when we had much rice.  Then all the rice plants died, so sad, and I was beginning to dislike rice anyway, so I changed my name to Sashimi", she smiled mischieviously.
"It's been a very long time since I've met a girl as intoxicating as you, and I would deem it an honor if you would allow me to buy your dinner.  (I, as narrator, sometimes take it upon myself to improve G.'s diction.
"Yes please.  you can please order me some eggs."
"I'm sorry.  I've discovered they only serve eggs here for breakfast -  in the morning.  They do have something called quiche - seems to be mostly eggs."
"Yes, I am familiar with quiche.  Yes, quiche please.  Perhaps octopus quiche?  Served rare?"
G. signaled the waiter and explained what was wanted.  The waiter was surprisingly accommodating.  "Do you have a reservation at this hotel Sashimi", asked G.
"No - I ran away from my home so quickly this morning.  I did not even have time to put down my hoe."  She covers her eyes with her dainty hands and sobs for a few seconds.
"Please don't cry Sashimi.  You can stay in my room."
"It is not that Jee.  I have a credit card.  I can find a place to stay.  It is just that -- sometimes -- I just -- like to -- cover my eyes with my hands -- and sob for a few seconds.  You will understand this when you get to know me better."
"Well then, I guess that means I can look forward to getting to know you beter."
"Yes."
The waiter brought Sashimi's quiche.  G. asked the waiter to bring him another alcoholic beverage and Sashimi some Saki.  He wasn't sure what saki was but he thought it sounded as if it might be appropriate.  G. watched her eat - she really was hungry.

"Uh, Sashimi.  When you said I would get to know you better - uh - did that - uh - maybe have anything to do with one of your favorite pastimes, that you came to - uh - _____City to - uh - engage in?"
"Ha,ha, he, he, hi, hi, - Oh Jee of course not! Not you! Ho, ho, oh no.  I said 'STRANGE' men!  You do not apear to be at all strange!  Oh no Jee.  I would not think of subjecting you to my perversions!  You appear so nice in your pressed suit, necktie and little hat.  And I truly hope you will not think Ill of me for speaking of my perversions previously, for I was in a hyperexcited state, and my tongue was so excited I could not control it and keep it in my mouth."
"OK", Said G.
"So you will forgive me for being so bold as to speaking of - erm - you know."
"Yes."
"Good.  Because, Jee - I do not know what it is about you - but - I think you could be a very good friend.  Maybe - I could love you?"
"OK."  G. looked perplexed.  "Now I wonder what she means by love", he thought.

Sashimi finished her quiche with a glutinous eye roll, leaned back on the hind legs of her chair and burped loudly, albeit cutely.  "Ahhh!", she belched, "That hit the spot.  Now if you meant it when you said you would allow me to stay in your room, I would now wish to go to the room, with my little knapsack, which I left by the door, and my hoe which I still have in my left hand, and take a shower, and then change into my less humble clothing.  Key please." and stretches out her hand.
"Come, I can take you to the room."
"Ah, so sorry, no please.  I must go there for the first time quite alone.  When I go to a new room for the first time, and remove my clothing, run my hands over my soft flesh, damp from the heat, feeling the cool air from the air conditioner blowing over my body, making goosebumps rise on my soft skin, and I feel my nipples and other parts of my body becoming erect, taughtly stiffening - well then I might start looking around the room and it might seem strange.  And if you were there some of the strangeness might rub off on you, and then what would we do?"

She took the key from G.'s hand.  G. couldn't speak.  G. watched Sashimi go.  G. adjusted the napkin on his lap.
'













© Copyright 2014 Geoff (rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002113-A-Place-Called-Anomie---Chapter-3