*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002491-No-Longer-Broken---First-Draft
by Cayla
Rated: 13+ · Draft · LGBTQ+ · #2002491
Only a first draft, needs a lot of work.
She felt herself changing. In the beginning the feelings were so slight, seemed so insignificant, that she simply pushed them into the back of her consciousness. They were so miniscule compared to the ache within her. Her heart crushed, helplessly trying to repair itself from damage, she hardly felt anything else.

Her lover had recently left her. She spent so much time and effort into them, but her partner never stayed. Always leaving when difficult times arose, only to come running back with stories of sorrow. She could no longer bare the pain and torture. When her partner said goodbye once more, she told them never to return. Not as friends, not as future wives. Although this act showed great courage, it left her vacant underneath her skin. It also planted a seed of distrust in the world around her. She continued her life hardly living at all, sticking to the shadows in the background in order to stay unnoticed. Hope of finding happiness diminished along with her self-esteem.

However, while rubbing the sleep away from her exhausted eyes on a sweltering, humid morning something felt entirely wrong. Gingerly moving her skinny legs to the edge of the bed, she touched her pale feet to the rough beige carpet of her bedroom. Standing in front of a long mirror that rested against a corner of the room, she began analyzing herself in a complete new fashion.

Her beach-blonde hair rested softly passed her shoulders, it's thin locks curling in some places, flat in others, from sleeping on it the night before. Beneath her squared black glasses lay a pair of bright blue sparkling eyes. Typically, she'd look at these features in utter disgust. A feeling rising from within whispered differently. A sort of power came over the common negative thoughts. Raising up out of the emptiness that her former lover had left in her heart. In the reflection, soft pink lips rose at the corners to form a playful little smirk as she gazed at herself with newfound confidence.

© Copyright 2014 Cayla (princesscayla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002491-No-Longer-Broken---First-Draft