*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002678-Cariad
by Bec
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2002678
Anwen Howard. A seventeen year old sorceress, whether she likes it or not.
PROLOGUE



Deep in the endless caves the servant lay face down before his master. The man cried on the floor, begging for forgiveness he thought unlikely to be granted again.

'You know, my child,' his master said from behind the hood covering his pupil less eyes. His voice was uncaring and cruel. 'If you were not so useful to me, I would kill you now and I can assure you it would be a very painful event.'

The man whimpered in terror. He had only just gathered his breath from the excruciating pain felt at his master's hand.

'I will give you one more chance,' the master continued, ignoring the pitiful

sound, 'because I am a merciful and forgiving man, particularly to those who are always so...keen.'

'Thank you, master, thank you mighty Hudol Ddrwg!' the servant sat up on his knees, clasping his hands together in joy. His master struck him hard across the face, leaving him reeling in agony.

'Silence,' Hudol Ddrwg snarled. The man's sobbing ceased at once as if a shroud had fallen over him. 'Our time has come at last. It will be happening in a matter of weeks. Too long I have waited but now, at last, my wait is over. Another girl has come to the forefront. It has been foretold that this girl will be the one to destroy me.' He laughed coldly, humourlessly.

'Surely master, we will find and kill this one, as we did before?'

'Need I remind you, child, that you did not succeed before; in fact you left me bitterly disappointed.' The servant waited with bated breath, expecting the pain from his master's displeasure for a second time. The voice from beneath the hood carried on, much to the man's relief.

'This one will be different. It seems she is still in the human world, unlike the others before her. All of the signs are beginning to show. It is only a matter of time. She must be destroyed before she receives her powers fully and gets in contact with her gwarchod.' The servant hissed at the name of his enemy.

'Of course, master, I will gather the others immediately.' The man rose, moving

the greasy black hair from his carbon coloured eyes.

'Yes, and now send Mabli to me. I have something to ask of her and, no doubt, her intuition will serve me greater than yours ever could.'

'Yes, master,' he answered, trying the hide the sourness from his voice. How could the female possibly have better instincts? 'I promise you, I shall not fail again.'

'For your sake, I should hope not Gwag, I should hope not.'

Gwag bowed deeply, put his hand to the pendant around his neck and vanished in a swirl of dust from the cave.





















© Copyright 2014 Bec (becparker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002678-Cariad