*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002926-Skeleton-story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Arts · #2002926
This is based on a skeleton outline
I was simply misunderstood. The idea came from my head. The world claimed my bias leaked into the theory itself. Was it possible I was exactly right from the beginning? How could numbers be subject to bias? I suppose the results of the test would seem inconclusive: they relied on my theory to be interpreted correctly. I wasn't wrong.

I was simply misunderstood. Earth and its inhabitants were alone in the universe, I concluded. There wasn't enough spirit-brain inside a universe of this size to hold any other intelligent species. There is one spirit-brain. Only one. The tests proved it. Fenny, my assistant, could not be accused of bias. Only me. I didn't skew the results.

I was simply misunderstood.

The single spirit brain is an everyday way to imagine the Ego, because, although the Ego is a machine within the spirit-brain, it is also a replica (as seen in fractals). The Ego is a copy of the spirit-brain.

My colleagues couldn't imagine the Ego, and how it was intrinsically singular. My theory of spirit-brain singularity was defined by one-ness, so the more subtle parts of the theory was completely lost on them. The committee proposed the possibility of multiple spirit-brains. I attempted to explain.

Hard white titanium arches hooded the entire concession. I sat on the bare surface of the floor with microphone pointed from above into my face. I spoke to them from the center of a giant rotunda, broadcast to some other scientists in Baltimore.

"The identity property of the Ego states that any Ego is merely an imperfect replica of the spirit-brain. What number is singular? The number one, as defined by the identity property of numbers. There is only one. In parenthesis, you might add (spirit brain)," I said.

"Only one of the proposed God, the spirit brains?" A panel member replied. "But what of the multiple spirit-brain theory proposed by Annalee Smith?"

"I have proven there is only one."

"How?"

I was simply misunderstood. The other scientists attempted to placate me. Of what is there only one? One. What is One? One is the Ego or spirit-brain, I told them. One scientist mentioned I hadn't tested the possibility of two. I brought up the slide showing how two spirit brains would produce so much matter that objects would slip into and out of dimensions, with no order.

"So we are simply inside one spirit-brain," they laughed. "...Protected from the disorder by the mind of that spirit-brain"

I called order with my sharp pen, tapping it against the floor.

"We are inside a fractal. The fractal's shape could be described as a super Ego, if you must think of it that way (although it is inaccurate, if you have ever seen a picture of a fractal). If another Ego-shaped fractal existed, it would be identical to the first or a part of the first. Therefore, one fractal exists with us inside, known as the spirit-brain."

"What about other fractals?" They asked.

"In my paper, I elaborate on the impossibility of multiple fractal spirit-brains of any kind. The meshing we know that structures our universe cannot contain more than one fractal spirit-brain. In fact, there is only one fractal in physical existence, and that is the spirit-brain."

"Theoretically, other spirit-brains could exist, then," they mistakenly said.

"No."

"Quit kidding yourself."

"We could, yes, attempt to imagine one other spirit brain, for instance. Immediately, the universe would collapse. That is because the spirit brain is one super Ego, of which there is only one. You see, the Ego is singular by definition. Because it exists, there is only one. It could not exist in this universe with another Ego-like spirit brain."

"We are one, because we are."

The others disagreed. "Thank you."

I was simply misunderstood.
© Copyright 2014 jrdnjones (jrdnjones at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002926-Skeleton-story