*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002957-An-unexpected-ending-of-a-journey
by Jesse
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2002957
A cat gets two great friends.
Hy! My name is Felix and I really feel the need to tell someone about yesterday. That’s why I chose you. He he! I think you will love my story because it has a happy end. Ups! I ruined the surprise!
It was a cold morning, the sun was hiding behind the grey heavy clouds that promised a rainy day. I woke up and started my daily routine: I ate something from my bowl and then I went to the window to watch the birds. I am living with my family in a little house outside of Bucharest, with a beautiful flower garden and a big walnut tree in which I love to climb every day.
Today I wasn’t feeling ok, the wind blew strongly and I was not in the mood to go out and play. I yawned and thought I could go back to sleep till the wind was gone, but what I saw next made me think otherwise. A kitten was chased by a huge old tomcat that was trying to bite him or her, I didn’t know for sure. My instinct told me I should save the day and so I ran out in the yard and stopped them right on time. They were exhausted and I let them catch a breath.
The kitten was so frightened that it was peeking for the next move of the tomcat. I was waiting for the best moment to pop the questions that bugged me. “Why were they doing this? What could the little one do wrong?”
- Hm hm, I cleared my throat. What are both of you doing? My voice sounded a bit angry.
- He played with my favorite toy without permission and didn’t even say “I’m sorry” at the end, said the tomcat. I think he could at least say “Thank you for not stopping me play with your toy”, and he sighed sadly.
- Well, what have you to say in your defense, I asked the kitten.
- I didn’t know it was his toy because it was in the street, like it had been thrown away. I am little, I love to play, I even play with my tail. When I see a toy, I go crazy and I have to have it. He didn’t leave me time to say I’m sorry because he started to chase me. I’m sorry! Are you satisfied? The little one started to shout, but I tried to calm down the spirits.
- Can you be friends now? It’s not so difficult, he apologized. Well?
The tomcat was not prepared to let go the fight and forget. He turned his back on us and walked away mumbling “I’ll catch you next time and you won’t be saved again! I can tell you that!”.
- What’s your name, I asked the kitten because he started trembling again.
- My name is Bella. I live on the streets. My family abandoned me after I was born and since then I managed to see the next day on my own. I just want to be left alone. No one likes my presence, I don’t need no one’s pity.. I will go away now..
- No wait! Before you go you should hear my story too. Please. She nodded. I was born in a poor neighborhood with a big cesspool for boundary between civilized world and our world. I didn’t know my father and my mother tried so hard to keep me alive that she was weaker every day. It was spring and the wind blew strongly. She couldn’t get on her feet, she just stood there looking at me with her eyes full of tears and told me: “My son, I leave you nothing of value because we have nothing. The only thing that I gave you was my love and the education that I thought you should have. Remember, I will be there, next to you, every time you will think of me and need me.”. And the next moment she was gone. I was torn apart. I felt empty inside. I didn’t want to eat, I was scared to walk on the streets. Every windy day makes me relive those moments. I feel a deep hole in my stomach. But let me finish, please. The winter came, it was very cold outside and I could barely walk when they found me, my new family. They offered me food, water, a warm place to sleep and a lot of love, one thing that I craved for. I felt alive again and I thought at her last words. My love for her was the only thing that made me going from day to day. I know exactly how you feel. I want to help you and I really think you could find a place to stay right in this house behind me. I want you to be my little sister.
- I don’t know what to say.. This means a lot to me, Bella said. Now I see that my story is not so bad as I thought. I wanted to be alone because I was too proud to ask or receive help from someone. I would not want to believe that someone would defend me in front of others. I was at peace with myself knowing for sure that I will never find a friend to stand by my side. You seem to know how it’s like to be on your own and that’s why it’s easier for me to let you be part of my life. I have bad thoughts for families because mine abandoned me, but now I’m sure that not all are the same.
Our moment was violently interrupted by our “friend”, the tomcat. He came sneaking behind us and jumped to bite Bella. Since I was bigger than her I shouted:
- Hey, pick on someone your own size! You don’t know how to forgive, do you? We can all be friends if you just would understand that your toy was thrown away in the street and she didn’t do anything wrong.
- I don’t want to hurt you. I listened your story. I think I have some explaining to do. His eyes were full of tears. I.. I don’t know how to tell you this, but I am your father Felix.
I froze. I was so shocked that I couldn’t believe what he just said.
- What are you saying? How do you know my name? This proves nothing. I don’t understand..
- I wasn’t a street cat like your mother. I met her in my family’s garden. It was love at first sight. Unfortunately my folks did not want to accept her too. She had to leave, but I left with her. Then she had you and we were so happy, no one could do us harm. But one day my family found me when I was looking for food for us and took me back home. Next day I came to find you two, but Sheeva must of thought I walked away from you and left our home. I couldn’t find both of you ever since.
- Father?! I am so lucky. I thought you left us, I never knew who my father was! Now you finally found me!
This was one true moment of happiness!
© Copyright 2014 Jesse (jessewicca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2002957-An-unexpected-ending-of-a-journey