*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2003035-The--Fondue-Cheese-Case
Rated: 13+ · Other · Detective · #2003035
A tale of a theft of the gourmet cheese, and the rats who try to solve the case.
The rats are going on vacation. Their masters forgot to lock the cage the rats packed their bags and left. They left a note. to tell their masters they will be back shortly, not to worry. Abby purchased a cruise liner tickets for four. The cruise ship was huge, it was a busy ship.

They walked up the gangplank were met by the custodian of the ship. Who said,"Let us see? Where were you going? "

"Deck 3 quarters 4.", Abby suggested as she looked at the tickets. That cost them a brick of mozzerala cheese.

"That it to your right. Remember to tip the porter. If you desire meals in the morning in your cabin, Tell us before five. Than, you will receive it?"

Cory Rat smiled and said, "Thank you! Sir!"

"No problem!" addressed Amber Rat to the problems that may have presented to them.

Lexi Rat pulled the bonnet over her head, What do you have for entertainment for us?"

"Jamican dancing and the rumba,",the porter declared as he drew up their bags.


The first night, they were able to enjoy themselves.

Then on the second day, the chef mouse screamed,"Where is the cheese?"

"It is gone!" the waitress mouse suggested as she looked at the empty fondue bowl.

"You ate it!" he declared to the waitress Shelly mouse, who looked at him as if he lost his mind. He was watching her the whole time, She did not go near the bowl.

"Where could I have put it. It only happened an instant ago. Like where could I put it?" ,she addressed him

"Did not?" Shelly mouse stated looking like she was being accused again of doing this before.

Two wayward mice smiled as they slipped through the window carrying the fondue bowl
over their shoulders in a bag. " We paid for a meals!"

"Did we not!" Gina suggested to her sister mouse,

"We did! I know mommy and daddy did!" Lisa answered,

"All we did was ask, If we could have cheese!" Gina stated remembering the meal. It was not anything that they ordered, what did they think we were.

."What do they mean, when they said, we can not get cheese.", Lisa quoted the porter mouse walking them here after they objected to their meal..

"What do we want with meat. We are mice." Lisa responded as her sister stopped speaking.

The chef mouse decided to post a notice up to find the fondue. It was about the lost fondue. He alerted security.

"Abby had a great appetite so" the porter mouse and security thought they should visit the hungry rat. Face to face, so, they went to talk to her. They rapped at their door. Abby opens the door to see the porter," We are not leaving here until we speak to you!

"Mind, if I have my shower!" she says as she walks into the bathroom to shower.

The porter asked,"Where were you two minutes ago?"

"Reading the tourist guide, munching on the nuts; you provided the spitasheeous are hard to get into. In here, where I should be!" she said through the door.

"Can you verify that?" the purser suggested

"Why?"

"Someoned walked out of the kithen this afternoon with a pot of cheese!" the porter grumbled as he brought up the matter.

"Are you sugggesting, she is a suspect?", Lexi rat inquired. Looking them over

"Well, we saw, how much she ate?", the porter replied.

"Yes! So?"

:"You are!" Abby said matter of a fact.

"this is a kangaroo court!", Lexi declared as she over the porter's shoulder to see a boomer looking at them all through the window. It tehn bounded away down the hallway.

"Do you have any witnesses to verify, where you were?" the porter asks.

"Tennis court, with Amber. Swimming with the white mouse in cabin 2, before that I just got here!" Abby said as she turned on the watr that would drench her.

The porter looked at Amber who was putting away her tennis rackets. "Were you with her on the courts?"

"Yes, with who?"

"With Abby?"

" I was!"

"I will clear her name?", Lexi declared as she rummaged in ger bag for her magnifying glass and powder, unfortunately forgot my detective badge, she snapped her fingers,
" Where was it, last seen?"

"In the kitchen, is where it was?" the porter declares he watches her walk through the door to check the kitchen.

Looking in Le xi and Cory rat saw the waitresses and waiters mice sitting at a table playing cards. Th waiters and waitresses wore white gloves. Cory wondered,' when did they get to relax?'

"The chef won't like. that?", the porter warns

"That is, besides the point?" Cory states.

Le xi and Cory walked out with her flipping open her book to write down.' what Le xi discovers, she knew, that they will have to clear their sister's name. '

"Where is the kitchen through those doors! Why do you ask?" the porter provides he rummages around in at the Maitreya station to find hair nets for them to wear. Puts them on, Cory and Le xi rat. Saying,"You must wear them in there?"

"I want to look over the scene of the crime. That is, where the scene is?" Lexi points at the doors.

the porter answers,"Right?"

"Right, you are indeed! Right!" Cory supplies.

Lexi rat walks up to the area where the burner sits on the table with the white apron over it. There is yellow tape surrounding the table. Le xi determines it must be the crime scene. She steps over the tape to see the table at its closest proximity. Lifting the apron to see the floor. Seeing mouse shoe prints.

She asks."What are these?"

The porter declares, the porter grows faint "they look like sneakers not business shoes. No one here wears sneakers! The chef would not allow it."

" Who here wears 2 wide shoes? There is also a paw print on the table." Cory notes

"So, did you touch that?" Lexu asks looking at the chef.

"No, that was where the bowl was? Why do you ask?", the chef responses

"Look, there is a paw print!"

"A paw print? Shelly? " the chef declares looking around for Shelly but does nt see her.

"No, she is wearing gloves! Is she not?", the salad chef tells him.

"You are right?", he shrugs saying.

"There are cheese crumbs leading out the window.", Lexi finds and declares.

"Porter follow those crumbs." the chef orders.

Lexi and Cory fallowed after the porter. They found that this was in the passenger ward of the ship. The door was open. Two white mice were heating a bowl of cheese.

The porter looks concerned, "This is where the ferrets go! What are these mice doing here? They are not supposed to be here!"

"We are mice!" Gina mouse declares as she looks over at the porter, "

"We told you that? When we came aboard! but you would not hear that you made a mistake. Remembers us now!" Lisa mouse exclaims

"Oh. My!" the porter declares.


They turn around to warm the cheese and have sticks holding bread crumbs to dip in the cheese. The aroma was intoxicating.
Cory knocked on the door, the two mice looked up from their fondue. They looked a little worried.

The chef exclaimed, "What is the meaning of this?

"We were supposed to get cheese, but no." Lisa mouse states as she looks him over.

" They gave us. ham." Gina mouse suggests.

"Wine, instead of chocolate milk." Lisa baby mouse supplies.

"WE are children. We do not want wine!" Gina comments.

"So, you are responsible." the chef declares.

"Our parents put us on the cruise, so we could see the world."

"This is our second day on the ship!"

"Our touris agent booked us on this cruise. Our names are Gina and Lisa Mice."

Gina sad "We heard someone say we are oddest looking ferrets they have ever seen!"

" Do we look like ferrets? Lisa asks looking upset at the porter.

"Can I see your booking slip?" the porter asked/

You are Gina and Lisa Mice, but someone booked you are Gina and LIsa Ferretwould this happen?" the porter declared, then he looked at another odd entry on the manifest, Gina and LIsa Ferret were aboard too, That explains that.

"I do not know, talk to our booking agent?"

"I will, right away!" the porter bellows

"How can we help you, to get out of trouble?", Le-xi asked as she looked over the slip.

" They moved them to quarters two not three. Who was in three than?"

The porter looked concerned, "That was why the mice were complaining about the large odd looking mice that were there. There were ferrets not mice."


"Thank you, we will look into this matter! I apologize for this having happen here! We will get you reinstated in a private suite." the purser suggests

"Oh! Boy! What is the private sweet? Candy!" Lisa cuddled up to the porter, trying to determine what the sweet was. That they were to be given. Until she saw the spelling, "That's not sweet. Gina, What is that word."

Gina looked it over, "No, it means a room. Not a sweet, that you eat?"

"Nuts!"

"It also does not mean that?", Cory corrected as she peeked over on the sheet of paper, "Either!"

"I apologize!" he porter suggested, "Come with me! You paid two bricks and a roll for your room!"

"I willl speak with the chef. To see, what we can do to rectify the matter."

"Thank you!" Cory suggested,



"No, thank you!" the porter raced off to talk to the captain, who went down there to see, "what he could offer them to make them feel more at ease. Looking over the ships manifest."

"You will have the private suite, and whatever you wish you will have?" the captain declared shaking his head trying to figure out how this mishap began.

"Chocolate milk, and or-divers will be in order. Whatever you wish, you will have. For this mistake is inexcusable."


© Copyright 2014 RICHARD (hot_blood-89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2003035-The--Fondue-Cheese-Case