*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2003541-My-Bookish-Life
by Lacy
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #2003541
This is a Journal entry
I am obsessed with books.  I could be the President of an AA for Bookworms (AAB).  I am subscribed to about 100 book tubers, people that make You Tube videos about books.  I am a book tuber.  I have a monthly video where I wrap up my past readings and mention my reviews on my blog at Booklikes, and talk about things that are going on in the bookish community  I get emails on ebook deals from 4 different websites.  I have a Goodreads account, which is asocial networking site about books.  I am a member of 4 or 5 groups, which allows me discuss things and challenge me with fellow AAB  members.  I have blogger accounts with NetGalley, and Edeilweiss, which are websites that offer advanced copies of books (ARC).  I try to request only once a month.  I currently have close to 30 books that I need to review between now and March of next year, so I have put it off until next year.  I can only read a max of 7 books a month.  That gives me 2 to 3 reviews, 2 to 3 buddy reads, and 1 on the whim book. I’m also subscribed to Riot Reads two Quarterly boxes.  Riot Reads is a website that is dedicated to books and bookish things.  I have three bookish t-shirts.  I follow authors and bloggers and book tubers on twitter.  I also follow a lot of bookish instagram accounts, and fan bookish pages on Facebook.  This “hobby” is my life.

This obsession is my life because it has been ingrained in my brain that reading is important ever since I was able to understand what a book was, before I could even read.  My mother was an English teacher and would go to conventions and bring home a bag fully of books.  I still read books in middle school when it was not cool to read books for fun.  I started to review the books that read around my eighth grade year, when I was the reviewer for the school news paper.  Goodreads became my favorite site for bookish things because I found out that I was not alone in my obsession and passion for reviewing.  Reviewing is a wonderful way of reminding me of not just what I read, but what I got out of reading each book.

With so many books on my To Be Read (TBR) list, I have to be organized in decision process on what I should read first.  Yes, and no. I say this for many reasons, including cover, series, and genre. 

The major factor in my TBR is a pretty cover, I know that I should be more choosy, because I’m realizing that I can’t read everything.  I did not realize how many books in the world there were until the internet came along.  Recently, I have been reading the synopsis and some of the reviews before adding a book to my TBR.

When it comes to series, I try to read them in order.  It gets really frustrating sometimes when starting a series in the middle and having to catch up on what is going on, for example when the book prior ended on a cliff hanger and the book that your reading starts right where the last book ended, like Mocking Jay (Hunger Games 3). 

Genre has never really been an factor in my decision of what book to read, but now I have realized that I used to read a lot of romance and suspense.  Recently, I have been reading more Paranormal, thriller, horror, YA, and dystopian genres.  Even more recently, I have been getting into Graphic Novels, which is opening my bookish world to a whole new diminution.
© Copyright 2014 Lacy (kempfme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2003541-My-Bookish-Life