*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2004045-Cousins-and-Friends
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #2004045
Can you even trust them?
"I thought you were my friend!" said Selmo. He gave up struggling against the chains that held him fast to the rafters.

"Everyone thinks I'm their friend," Friendo said. "It's the name that really tricks them. But I betray all the same. Haw! Haw!"

Friendo had the face of a true friend; a plump wet grin, rosy cheeks, and wide-set pig-like eyes that glazed over whenever he saw his so-called "pals". You couldn't blame Selmo for being friends with this man. He exuded friendliness.

But behind that grin, those cheeks and those piggish eyes lay the heart and soul of a killer.  He gestured for Cousin Jeremiah to come in. A ghoul-like form crept from the shadows. Jeremiah had narrow yellow slits for eyes and thin black lips. His teeth were sharpened into pearly blades.

What really frightened Selmo was what he brought with him. He wore naught but a bib, decorated with a realistic drawing of Selmo's face (the clueless artist had also drawn a bib for himself). Cousin Jeremiah held a knife and fork in tight grip, and licked his shrivelled lips with a long, leech-like tongue.

Selmo was shocked.

"Jeremiah! I thought you were my cousin!"
© Copyright 2014 MOSSPIGLET (mosspiglet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2004045-Cousins-and-Friends