*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2004357-Untitled-Poem
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Relationship · #2004357
Dedicated to my other half.
Warmth. Light-headed. Drifting. Ecstasy.
There are an infinite number of words used to describe the feeling of love,
But none can ever compare to the feeling of first realizing you are.

The feeling of waking up - their name, their face, their voice, all float into your mind;
Like a never ending mist, it seems to have no beginning and no end.
The flutter in your stomach and the squeeze of your heart when you hear their name;
Or that deafening rush of bliss when they whisper yours.
The feeling of Cloud Nine - an unremitting high of a thousand emotions all at once;
But what's the point in comparing?


All the silly clichés start to make sense, something you thought only existed on the old Silver Screen.
You start to sing those simple love songs your grandmother used to sing when she cooked in the summer.
People say falling in love is like falling asleep - you fall slowly at first, then all at once.
It's not a subtle thing - it's not a choice.
It's an unconditional and sentimental bond - a battle you cannot dream to conquer.


Love; it's expressed first within a single, soulful gaze and crooked smile.
Time seems to stop, nothing else matters.
Then, you catch yourself as it bubbles at your lips;
It dances on your tongue like a bottle of stars.
It's seen in the little things - a laugh, a smile, the beating of the heart.

Love isn't something that comes by often;
It may knock at your door and hide in the shadows as you push open the wooden frame.
But it's there.
And sometimes, when it's feeling brave enough, love will gently embrace you like an old friend.
Tingly, familiar and encompassing.

The feeling of love cannot be described with just a few simple words on a page.
It's felt within each tender kiss, each caress of the hand and each smile from your lips.
Know that I love you; perhaps it may not mean much - but my heart belongs to you.
And that means something.

I love you.
© Copyright 2014 LadyRose (lady.c.rose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2004357-Untitled-Poem