*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2005429-where-am-I
by blue
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2005429
where I am? This place is creepy for me.
My eyes fluttered and murky hit my sight. I blinked. Nothing occurred. Had I gone blind? I saw black. I laid my hand on the hard bumpy ground. I glided my hand and it brushed a fabric material. No, it’s a sack. Wait, was that a pocket! Hey, I found the zip! It’s a bag.

Where I am? What am I doing here? And what time is it? I reached the bag and explored for a watch. I spotted a four-sided device, and pressed the button. 8:00 a.m. No sunlight? I assumed I was in a latent area. That’s why it’s so dingy.

I rummaged through the bag and my hand clutched a hard cylinder . I fumbled the stick. There was a toggle and I thrust the switch with my finger. Fluorescent emerged, burned my eyes as I squinted them. A torchlight. My eyes twinkled, struggled with the light. I intended the torchlight around.

The range was adequate with stone. Lichens grew on the wall, made me disguised. Did I lean my body on the moss? I turned around, expected the green, smelly swamp. My eyes bulbous as a cockroach crawled on the bog-covered partition.

“Aarrgghh” my shriek echoed in the space. I stepped back and tripped on my bag. My torchlight slumped beside me as my bottom crashed with a loud thud. Aw, that was pain. I sat, and some slippery, soft, and long creature moved on my hand. Ewww, what was this? I grasped the torchlight and targeted it to my hand. My heart beat rapidly against my chest.

“Leech!” I wiggled my hand, the blood sucker swooped into the air before depreciated to the land and I stood. I rambled to the bag and hoisted it over my shoulder. I can’t sustained this. I needed to escape from here.

I jaunted, meandered my orbs around, alerted if another animal showed up. On the wall, I spotted a centipede mounted, and my hair bristled. I pondered how did I get in here. This place was eerie and it reminded me of something. A cave. What am I doing in a cave?

I raised my head, pointed the light to the upper. Spikes of stone from the length of a pencil to the length of a stick make me shivered. The cusps were so acute. I hope one of the spikes didn’t plunged into my head.

I relocated my eyes to the edge. I froze. Oh, no. It’s not that animal, right? I threw away my fear and moved forward, only to see the black, upside down creature. The mammal was alone. Where the others? It hairy ears twitched.

To my horror, a small dark eyes stared back at me. I gaped, my feet rooted on the ground. No sound out of my throat. The bat opened its wings and my loud yell made the animal gone away.

“Aaarrrggghhh!”

“Steven, Steven Wake up!” a soft voice called.

My eyes agape. Mom? What was she doing here? I looked around. A frown formed on my face. The trees were moved from a frame . I turned in front and found my parent. Dad was driving with a stern look on his face, his hand grasped the steering, eyes focused on the road. I glared at Mom.

“Steven, are you okay? You look so pale.” she uttered, concern displayed on her face.

“Y..yes, I’m okay.”

“Then why are you screaming like a girl?” Dad low, deep voice asked.

So all that was a dream? Gosh. So embarrassed.

“It..it’s just a bad dream. Yeah. A bad dream.” I gave them a smile, ensured them I’m alright.

Mom darted her eyes on a book while I stared outside. Green trees came into my sight.

“Mom,” I glanced at her.

“Yes?” she replied without taking off her eyes from the book.

“Where are we going?”

“To the cave.”

Oh, the cave. I gazed at the scenery again. In a cave, there were centipedes, cockroaches and bats. How bored.

Wait, what!
© Copyright 2014 blue (bluecoral at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2005429-where-am-I