*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2006557-18--A-Communique-to-Mr-Kane
Rated: E · Serial · Steampunk · #2006557
Paying the bill to date

August 12, 1889

My Dear Spartacus,

By now, you should have received the amounts requested in your action reports, totaling $100,500. I appreciate your discretion and haste in handling this ticklish situation. We would like very much to avoid the panic that would be caused by a major military mobilization.

Colonel Spaulding has gotten quite a few answers from the five prisoners you provided, all forwarded to you directly from New Praetoria. He also mentioned to me that your new airsloop is quite an attractive and ingenious little craft. We both hope you will enjoy it for years to come. I also must ask after Roller, since I haven't seen him since he was a puppy. Spaulding tells me he is now quite large, and very well trained. You have obviously been taking exceptional care of him.

Thank you again for following this trail as laid out by Colonel Spaulding. Please keep us informed as you help us seek out the knaves responsible for this abomination.

Godspeed, Mr. Kane, and Good Hunting

Sincerely,

Elias Gloriosky, Ph.D.
© Copyright 2014 Vincent Coffin (vcoffin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2006557-18--A-Communique-to-Mr-Kane