*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2007108-Karma
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #2007108
A new book I am working on. My first one actually.
Introduction
The mobility of strength travels through the human race like a wildfire. Sacrifice is like a fried egg, meant for a chance of life, but in the end is used up for selfish consumption.
These are the words of a deceased hero. A man who died in vain and honor. A husband, a friend, a memory . This incredible man was MY father. They say one death isn't enough to change anything. His death was enough to change the whole world, the whole galaxy even. This is my story.

Chapter 1
The sun shined bright through my window, waking me up at a good time. A good time to start my daily hunt. As I ready my self for today's game my dad approaches me with a slight smile. "Let's get going shall we, I want to surprise your mother and sister with an actual deer this time, and not a duck, " He chuckles. I smile back in response as I grab my bow and arrow.
The year is 2030. Born and raised in ____,__. I am 13 years old, just your regular teenager wanting to live a regular life. My parents are happily married and are both currently serving the United States Army. My father, ____, is an expert sniper rifleman while my mother, ___, is a field medic. They have both been deployed numerous times but this is the first two consecutive years where there has been peace in this world. It is true bliss to go from death , chaos , and destruction, to a world where we can live and not worry about what our neighbors are going to do to us, other than the usual gossip of course.
My father has taken more lives than he could imagine and my mother has seen even more slip through the palms of her hands. Now a days the thought of war does not go through our minds. We are a more connected and relaxed world than we have ever been. The countries established an international organization that is better the what the UN was. The ____ is a designer for peace, to which the whole world wears everyday. Instead of the government spending money on the military and weapons, it is spending finances on necessities that a country needs to be stable. It's about time the world got it right.
Hunting with my father is one way of connecting with him. Being in the military and watching your parents go to war and come back as if nothing has happened makes it very hard to create dinner conversations. What is there to talk about, how was the war, oh good, another year of blood shed, how was school? (fix sentence <---)
This family is my world, I don't ever want to lose them. Every time they would go off to war I would fear for their safety, I would fear I would never talk to them again. Wondering if they were going to come home alive everyday was insanity. It was a slow mental destruction that picked at my brain day in and day out. What was worse about it was having to tell your younger sister about what was going on, because when they were gone I was in charge. Those shoes are done being filled now. As selfish as it sounds I can go back to normal and live a normal life, a life I am grateful to look forward to.
This is the first day we have spent together hunting in two years. My dad has had horrible ptsd and was unable to take another living souls life away. To which I understand. But here we were, hiding in a bush, getting ready to strike a target, a nice juicy and tender target.
I expected my father to take the first preemptive strike but he turns to me and tells me " Child this is yours, this is your kill, be proud, honor it, and remember make sure your shot counts. Strike it in the spot I told you about so the innocent creature doesn't feel pain. Death will cover it with a sweet embrace and deliver it to a beautiful resting ground. I am proud of you." With tears in my eyes I nod my head and look back at the deer. It was just standing there , peacefully eating and enjoying its life. Before the war I never thought twice about hunting. But after what the violence has put my family through I ponder whether or not it is right to take an innocent life. No matter how mouth watering it may be.
I want to follow in my father's footsteps, become the man he is. I don't care if I'm a hero like him or not, the fact of the matter is I just want to fill his combat boots. I want to fight side by side with my fellow soldiers and fight for freedom. I know the world is at peace now but I always have this gut feeling that one day an event will rain on this paradise. Looking at history, one event, one death is enough to stir a whole country to a whirlpool of hatred and revenge. I want to be ready for whenever that day comes. My mother on the other hand is on the process of getting out of the army. She sees violence as unnecessary slap to the face. Peace and fragility are the hidden keys powerful enough to unlock humanity's pure potential for renovation.
I look through down my course of aim to my undeserving target. Just as I was about to make my move the ground reacted to my soon to be injustice act with a fierce some and quivering shake that shook both my father and I off my feet. The deer ,obviously spooked, ran towards us and before my father could stop it the nerved animal took upon its vengeance and knocked me over.
© Copyright 2014 kailidestazio (kailidestazio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2007108-Karma