*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2007487-Alisons-Path
by River
Rated: 18+ · Other · Family · #2007487
Alison was accused of being a witch, but was she?
Alison stood at the top of the hill, her long curly red hair blowing in the wind. Her emerald green eyes looked longingly down at the river.  Her red brows pulled down into a frown as she watched the water lap at the shore of a small island in the center of the river.

She had run from the house, her father’s words echoing in her mind.  “Witch! You be the same as Sarah, a witch and a whore.” He had shouted.  His words had hurt her deeply.

Alison pulled her long velvet cape tightly against her body,  the sky was darkening, heavy black clouds blew in rapidly.  It had been hot and muggy for days, but the air was changing, the wind was picking up and there was a chill in the air.


If only she could know for sure, she had premonitions usually about death, she could tell someone was about to die, but not always who or how, and she was unable to warn them. Within days, someone close to her died and the meaning of the forewarning became clear.  If only she could understand them better.  Her father said it was a curse, but her Aunt Sarah said it was a gift. “You must only learn how to use it lass.”

Local stories told of an old crone and a coven of witches that lived on the island, hidden by the huge trees. Alison wondered if the answers to her questions lie there, but no one ventured near the dark and mysterious island.

She hesitated, looking up at the ominous sky, knowing the rain would soon be pelting down. Trembling from cold and trepidation she slowly made her way down the hill to the river.  At the bottom of the hill she looked across the water at the island, it seemed to be calling softly to her.

Alison removed her cape and walked into the water until it was waist high, then swam rapidly until she reached the other side. She pulled herself out of the river, wishing there had been some way to bring her cape.  Suddenly the rain beat at her body, the wind almost knocking her to the ground, thunder crashed and lightning lit up the dark sky.

She raced toward the cover of the woods her hair plastered to her head, shivering uncontrollably.  She stopped to rest for a moment and from a bit deeper in the forest she could hear a loud cackle. 


Conclusion


*WitchHat* *WitchHat* *WitchHat*


Alison found the coven in the woods; she discovered her aunt Sarah was a member,
Alison was asked to join.  She never returned to her father’s house instead she moved in with her aunt. She spent her life following the Wiccan path continuing to grow spiritually.  Alison discovered her greatest strength was healing and was known throughout the community as a healer.  She was often called upon to help with difficult births and strange illnesses.
© Copyright 2014 River (riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2007487-Alisons-Path