*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2008706-Lesson-6-assignment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #2008706
Assignment for Charting
1) Why should we review other peoples writing?

By reviewing other people's writing, you can see what you notice about their writing that can be applied to yours. For example, I tend to correct people's spelling in their writing, so when I write, I always double-check my spelling.

Also, you can provide a new viewpoint on the piece the author may not have thought of before, and by doing that, you can also get noticed in the community. The more reviews you do, the more likely you'll be noticed by someone, because your name will be popping up more often.




2) What kinds of reviews do you like to receive?

I like to get constructive reviews-ones that tell me what might need to be fixed. I really don't like the ones on stuff that obviously isn't finished, and people go ahead and review it with comments that don't even help.



3) What do you comment on in a review?

Most of the time, it's spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If things don't make sense in the story, I will typically point them out.



4) I want reviews, but I don’t want ratings. How do I set that up?

When you're in the "edit" or "create" mode of your pieces, under section 6, the Item preferences, the third line is "rating/reviewing". The 3rd option under the drop-down box/menu is "reviews only; no ratings". click that and you won't be receiving ratings for that piece.



5) I want to write some reviews. Is there any option for random reviewing? If so, where is the link?

Under your personal box, where the links for email, newsfeed, portfolio, etc are, there's 5 links- Create, review, Authors, bloggers, and reviewers. clicking review will give you a random piece to review, with an added GP bonus if finished within the allotted time it gives you.



6) How do I decide what rating I should give a piece?

For me, it's pretty much a gut feeling. a 5-star is perfection, while 3 stars is average for me. a 1, which I don't think I've ever given before, means it's really bad, maybe in all or almost all aspects, and it was super hard to even force myself through the piece.

© Copyright 2014 Dragon is hiding (flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2008706-Lesson-6-assignment