*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009192-911-Tribute
by Freya
Rated: E · Chapter · Death · #2009192
Short Tribute for the ones who have fallen.
How many of you have taken today as a day of refection?
Today is not a day of rekindling the bigotry for those who did the damage, but a day of remembering those who were lost. Today is not a day for relighting the fight against those who dealt the deadly blow. There are many countries who are in the mist of civil wars. When we are faced with another loss of life we must think about how is the best way to honor the ones who were lost and not allow ourselves to be dragged into the mindset of the ones who committed the killing. We must also protect ourselves but not at the cost of our own given freedoms. When we give up a freedom just to feel more protected we can never get it back. I cannot stress it enough today is a day for reflection not a day to relight that candle that was conceived in hate and covered in the blood of the fallen.

© Copyright 2014 Freya (freyamatters at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009192-911-Tribute