*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009256-Social-interaction
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #2009256
A part of a larger piece I am thinking about writing.

Some people phase through this life like they don’t know it will end. More and more people live less and less. Facebook is filled with videos promoting the non-use of your phone. What a hypocrisy. Over half who watch the video will watch it from their phone. I guess the effect should seem that much larger then, but does it? You don’t need not to have a smart phone in order to look up when you walk or when you are sitting in the bus. To me they missed an important part in not looking down at your phone all the time. Looking up to human head heights is great. You see people, you interact, you live, you learn. But try to look up further. Look at the sky and the buildings beneath. People spent their lives drawing and building these impressive and if you think about it breathtaking monuments that we pass by everyday like all they do is prevent us from getting quicker to our destinations. This has nothing to do with smartphones, it has something to do with the way humans are evolving at the moment. We see an equality sign between easier and better. An outright lie. Every time life gets easier in modern eyes, life gets a little worse. Life is hard and it should be. It should not be the easiest thing in the world to meet loads of new people. It takes practice. It takes a social mind capable of understanding situations and interpreting other peoples gestures, expressions and behavior. It should not just take one click and a standard message, like: ‘Hi, your profile looked interesting, wanna go for coffee?’. The coward sits behind his computer, jumping in his seat of excitement over the fact that he just interacted with another human being in a courting manner. This should be a normal thing.
In relation to how life gets easier and worse, this is merely one example. Social interaction.

Troy Jarmes
© Copyright 2014 Troy Jarmes (troyjarmes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009256-Social-interaction