*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009497-Business-Mafia-11---Prologue
by TigerJ
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2009497
Wesley's 21 now, and his childhood friend introduces him to the family "business."
The garbage can slams, as Wesley storms out of the hallway with frustration. Denied, to another college, what sort of person were they looking for anyway? Well, granted that Wesley wasn't exactly the most studious type, and enjoyed getting in and out of legal trouble as a youth just for the thrill of it. That's all the reasoning ever was, just for the fun, for the thrill. Pacing back and forth, Wesley ran through a few ideas in his head. He knew his friend Joey worked at a construction company with his father, but that's not what Wesley wanted to do, however he figured he might as well call him to get some details about the organization right?

Wesley nervously listened on the phone, waiting for Joey to answer. His mind was racing with what-if's, and maybes, but he knew he wasn't going to make any rash decisions until he knew the full skin and bones of the operation and his possible future career there. Joey answered, catching Wesley off guard and distracted.

"Wesley my friend! What can I do for you?" Joey blurted, in his thick, Italian accent.

"Joey, your dad still owns that construction company, right?" Wesley inquired.

"Yes, yes, Verdicci construction! You finally takin' us up on the job offer we've been running by you all these years?" Joey sounded thrilled over the phone.

"I'm not sure, I want to meet with your dad to, well, you know, get the details about the whole thing." Wesley explained, nervous toned.

"Sure! Sure! Come to my place for dinner, he's having some of his business friends that he's been wanting you to meet there. Dress well, wear a suit, get your hair tidied, this is a big deal for all of us, buddy, I knew you'd come around."

"Uh yeah, yeah I'll be there." Wesley assured, hanging up the phone.

Wesley immediately began thinking of what he was just told. Business partners? Neat cocktail dinners? Does this fit the construction company stereotype? It didn't matter, this was an important dinner to attend.
© Copyright 2014 TigerJ (tigerjustice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009497-Business-Mafia-11---Prologue