*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009638-Rachel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #2009638
Short vampire story
            Rachel was an orphan, just fourteen when her uncle took her in. Given accolades for his generosity when he gave her the same benefits that he gave his own two children. She had the run of the manor house, was given over to the tutor, and clothed in the finest of dresses.

She was obedient and soft spoken. Still, the priest in the village called her wicked. Perhaps it was the red red hair and piercing green eyes, or perhaps the priests knew what uncle was really doing with her.

Those that did business with uncle were treated to the finest entertainment, including Rachel. One evening with her, and the men would sign any contract uncle wanted. She seemed to have natural gifts but, it was uncle himself, that helped her perfect her charms.

Thus it went for two years, until, tragedy struck poor Rachel down. Just shy of seventeen, she passed from a wasting disease. It came suddenly and no one could find a cause or cure.

The cause however, was obvious, if one knew where to look. A mysterious gentleman had come to purchase some horses from uncle. Rachel had gone to his bedchambers several times to entertain him. She left, each time, feeling tired.

The very last time they were together, he had to come to her, for she was to weak to rise. He slipped quietly into the room. The nurse sitting by her bed had fallen into a deep stupor.

Lying next to her, he slid his hand under the covers and up her nightgown. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled when she saw it was him. He shushed her when she went to speak and looked meaningfully at the nurse.

Pushing her clothes up, he kissed his way down her body. Soon he found that place at the top of her inner thigh, where he'd made his mark. He'd known that no one examining her would look there. Sinking his teeth once more, he made quick work. She moaned quietly once, before she closed her eyes for good. He made certain there would be no clues to his deed. He kissed her once more and slipped out.

The household mourned her passing, her uncle most of all. Many of the men he did business with, came to pay their respects. She was put into her prettiest dress and placed in the family crypt.

Rachel awoke in the dark. At first, she didn't know where she was, and she was frightened. Then, she noticed someone standing in the shadows. He stepped forward and smiled.

"Don't be frightened, love. Let me help you."

He came up and lifted her from the coffin. He seemed familiar and she felt safe. He set her down and lightly kissed her.

"I have rescued you from a very bad life. I know you don't understand right now, you are just a baby vampire, after all. Soon, you will remember your old self. But, I have a gift for you now."

He led her quietly out of the crypt. The night was crisp and clear. Rachel wanted to stop and explore everything, but, her friend led her with purpose.

They came upon a big house on a hill. Rachel knew this place, she didn't like it. They were at the back of the house, where a smaller building stood. Rachel could feel life, inside. The man opened a small door in the back, and let her go in first.

Suddenly, she realized that she was hungry.

It was the creature standing at wall, hanging up tools that brought it on. He looked like her friend, but he smelled alive. There were other animals in here too. Rachel ignored those and went straight to the wall. She moved very fast. Vaguely, she marveled at her own speed. She was certain that, she'd never done that before.

Sensing danger her prey turned. He was too late. She was on him, pressing him against the wall she tore at his throat. His blood flowed into her mouth, warm and thick. Soon he stopped struggling and grew heavy.

A noise made her turn. The man had caught another one. This one was taller and making noises. She dropped the one she had and went over to this new one. She put her hand on his chest and felt his heart beat. He was pushing away from her, but the man held him tight.

This one had wanted her. He'd known what uncle had done and he wanted her, too. She placed her hand lightly against his cheek. She pulled him toward her and kissed him. Still, he resisted. She grew tired of him. She pulled back and bit into his chest. He didn't even last as long as the last.

She released him, and the man let him drop to the floor. On they went, to the gatekeeper's cottage. Rachel found him and his lovely wife at home. One of the maids was returning home from town. She led Rachel on a merry chase, before being caught behind the hen-house.

Finally, it grew late. The gentleman led Rachel back to the crypt and helped her change to another pretty dress. He promised to watch over her through the day. And, she fell into a blissful, dreamless sleep.

She awoke as the sun set. The man greeted her with a kiss and, once again, helped her from the coffin.

She danced along the path as they returned to the house. He showed her how to slip past the king's men. They'd been summoned, after the grisly deaths of the help.

This time they went into the house. They started in the kitchen and quietly attended to the servants. Some seemed familiar to Rachel. all of them knew her. After the cook and two scullery maids, met with nasty ends, Rachel trailed bloody footprints behind her. The gentleman left them. He had a plan and these would serve a purpose.

The last of the servants was the childrens' tutor. He had been one those that Rachel entertained. She slipped quietly into his chambers. It felt familiar. He was already awake and pressed against the wall. She growled when she saw him. This one was scared and she liked it. She stepped toward him. He held out a cross and began to pray. Rachel cocked her head trying to figure out what game he was playing. It didn't seem to concern her, so she knocked the cross from his hand and tore out his throat.

Once again, her friend led her past the guards and to the safety of the crypt. This time, they came for her. It was the captain of the guard and the priest. They opened her coffin and looked into it. The gentleman stepped from the shadows. He bespelled them, convincing them that they did the deed. They left content and convinced that uncle and his family were safe.

That evening, he led her back one more time. The children were now guarded, but the gentleman ensured that the guards would sleep until dawn. Rachel found the children warm and sweet.

They then went to uncle's bedchamber. Rachel went to his wife first. Carefully, drawing back the covers, she slid her aunt's nightgown up. She found the same tender spot that the gentleman had marked on her.

Once the wife was cooling, she climbed onto the bed. Looking down on uncle, her memories began to filter back. She sat on top of him and ran her hands up his bare chest. He woke as she laid down. He started to say something but she shushed him.

She started nibbling his ear, kissing her way down to his neck. As she tilted his head, he saw his wife, pale and staring. He almost got a scream out as Rachel bit into him. He struggled but she was too much for him.

His eyes widened at the end. The gentleman stepped into view, so that he would die knowing it was his own folly that brought this to him.

He'd tried to cheat the old vampire. Who had gotten revenge.

They left the big house on the hill, one last time. They took the horses that the gentleman had been cheated out of, along with all of Rachel's pretty dresses and a bit of treasure that the man felt she'd earned. The king's guards searched, but the two were never seen in those parts again.















© Copyright 2014 Katrinkarose (katrinkarose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009638-Rachel