*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009778-Slipping
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Glyss
Rated: 13+ · Lyrics · Emotional · #2009778
A lyrical depiction of my refusal of "fate".
The insanity of the way we live today, leaves me feeling a little like I've lost my way.
Especially when I am looking back, at the path that I've made.

I spent so many years believing that turning eighteen would change my stars,
but before that time was barely creeping by and it felt like I would die inside before the day I could call my life my own...

But once that I was on the other side I slowly opened my eyes and started to realize
that I had already wasted so much time, hating so much of my life and feeling hurt, or broken by, the things I had been through, and done or tried, it was impossible to further deny, that my well of life was already going dry.

I was slowly losing the will to fight the cloud of despair that was over my eyes, but I could not quit, or give up and die, because I knew that there would come a time when all of the pain would be set aside and all of the love and peace that had not been in my life would replace all of the hate that had left me blind...

And when I held my son for the first time, and looked into those eyes that were so much like mine, I knew exactly why I was alive and that nothing could change the way that I changed on that night.
© Copyright 2014 Glyss (glyss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2009778-Slipping