*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010407-My-Fair-Gypsy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #2010407
chapter 2.
The gypsy's eyes widened in horror. She couldn't go to prison! Gypsies were already scorned and feared from society. There would be no question as to what her punishment would be. Death.

She started to thrash in his hold, but it was no use. His grip was too tight. Damn this man and his strength! "You can't!" she protested wildly.

Amusement danced in his bright blue eyes. "Oh can't I?"

Any effort to escape ceased as he used his free hand to lightly brush her cheek with the back of his knuckles. Nadia immediately stiffened under the touch. She hadn't realized she stopped breathing until she felt her chest tighten. "You are very beautiful Nadia," he said in a low husky voice. "I've never seen a woman like you before."

Beautiful? Did he just call her beautiful? Nadia couldn't believe her hearing, or rather what was happening. Perhaps he was still drunk she thought. Although she sensed he had sobered during the fight.

"I have a game of my own," he said as he stopped his caressing strokes.

Wondering what he could have in mind, he answered the question for her. "One kiss, and I'll let you go freely."

Nadia was shocked into silence. It took her a few seconds to actually comprehend what he wanted from her. "A kiss for my freedom?" she finally managed to say.

"Yes."

Nadia was absolutely astounded. She couldn't possibly kiss him, they barely even knew each other! More to the fact she had never once kissed a man in all of her eighteen years of existence. She snorted. "Sorry to disappoint my lord, but I am not some wanton that kisses strangers or a feather haired brain that takes joy in submitting to a man."

"No, but you are a thief," he retorted. "And thieves belong in jail."

She glowered at him. "Is this how you charm all women? Threaten them?"

He gave her a wicked smile. "You have the honor of being first."

She bit back a nasty reply that would tell him exactly where he could shove that honor. "I don't understand," she shook her head. "I steal from you, and you want me to kiss you?"

"My night was already spiraling prior to this incident," he answered swiftly. "Now, considering what you just put me through, I believe I deserve some compensation. Think of it as a thank you for saving your life."

Nadia scoffed. And then a tiny illogical part of her brain wondered what had happened to him tonight. Immediately she shoved the thought away. She had no business wondering anything about this man. "You would kiss a gypsy in public?" she asked, hoping the question would somehow thwart his request. "Aren't you English sensitive about these type of things?"

The corner of his lips began to twitch upwards as he looked around. "Like you said, were in Hell. No one here but beggars and scum. Now stop stalling for time. Are you going to play or not?"

Nadia gave him a fierce scowl. Of all the men to pickpocket from, she had to have chosen this particular one! But Nadia had to admit that the fault was no one but her own. If she hadn't bothered him in the first place, she wouldn't be caught in this predicament. There was no other option.

She didn't know it yet, but it was this moment that Nadia would look back on for years and
marvel at fate's mysterious ways.

Summoning up whatever courage she could muster, Nadia uttered her next words in confidence. "Well my lord, if this means I wont spend the night caged. Consider your challenge accepted."

As soon as she said those words, she saw the most sensual look in his eyes. Desire? For her? Nonsense, she thought. This outrageous request was made to show her that he had the upper hand in their situation. That he was in control.

Still keeping a firm grip on her wrist, he used his other hand to wrap around her waist. Nadia caught her breath as he molded her frame against his. He was so largely built with broad shoulders and a wide chest, she felt like a small child in his overbearing arms. And yet, she couldn't help but feel that somehow they fit perfectly together. She then closed her eyes because she thought that not seeing him would make the situation a little bearable. And it did. Until she opened them.

Just a few inches above were those ocean blue eyes, and before Nadia could mentally prepare herself for what was about to happen, her whole body was set on fire. The pressure of his lips was soft at first, slow and steady as if not to frighten her. She could hardly believe he was capable of such gentleness compared to the enraged man he had been in the alley. The faint smell of brandy and old spice swirled in her nostrils.

And then without warning, his slow kiss immediately turned rough and demanding. Her pulse quickened wildly at his sudden change of pace. Using adept skill, he coaxed her lips open for the embrace and she felt the intrusion of his tongue. A strange sensation surged through Nadia as she felt him lick the inside of her mouth. Shocked by the intimacy of the action, she decided the kiss was enough, otherwise she would lose whatever sanity she had left.

Using her right knee, she lifted it and swiftly kneed him in his groin. The kiss was broken as he grunted and dropped to the ground. "I believe the game is over," Nadia said breathlessly, seeking to regain her composure. She didn't want him to see how much the kiss had affected her.

Slowly, he steeled himself upward and surprised Nadia with a crooked smile spread across his face. "Too much?" he laughed, obviously referring to the way his tongue slipped into her mouth. "Perhaps next time I'll forewarn you."

Nadia's face twisted into a scowl. "Don't hold your breath." She turned quickly before he could do anything, and ran as fast as she could in the opposite direction. Only when she was safe in her tent and tucked under her blanket did she realize that she was still in possession of the necklace. And most importantly, did not know the man's name.
© Copyright 2014 ambeezy (ambeezy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010407-My-Fair-Gypsy