*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010566-Gauntlet-Day-6
Rated: E · Other · Young Adult · #2010566
The sixth installment of entries.
Caitlin was sitting at her favorite spot, the pier, when a noise in the woods startled her. She looked around and did not see anything. She just shook the uneasy feeling off and stared across the moonlit lake. Caitlin had just closed her eyes when, out of nowhere, a hand with a chloroformed cloth covered her mouth. It did not take long for her to pass out from the poison. When she woke up, she found herself in an old abandoned log cabin. Her eyes had to adjust to the dim light. The cabin smelled musty and has cobwebs scattered about it. She felt wet and looked down. Caitlin had peed herself while unconscious. The man who took her smiled with glee. He enjoyed the site of the pretty young girl in her current condition. She tried to yell but only muffled sounds came out. Caitlin was gagged, while her hands were tied to her ankles.

Her captor had greasy brown hair, blotchy pale skin, and hardly any teeth. What teeth he had were rotted or broken. He smiled again as chewing tobacco juice ran down his chin. He was a tad overweight, but not by much. He was a tad overweight, but not by much. Caitlin inched as far back against the wall as she could, drawing her legs up against her chest. She did not know what he was capable of doing and she kept blinking to hide that she was on the verge of crying. The man leaned over and caressed her cheek softly. She jerked away.

Who is this guy? Why is he so fascinated with me? Do my parents know him? Did they have something to do with this? How do I get out of here? Once I do, how do I ensure my safety from being caught by him again? Caitlin was trying not to panic. She had to come off as strong instead of weak. If she showed weakness of any sort, it might be her first and last mistake. Caitlin felt around her and found a piece of jagged glass. Without making too much movement to be noticed, she started cutting through her ropes from the underside, to make sure her captor would be unaware. The man did not talk much, but she could tell that he was making a plan of destruction for her. When he did speak, she was horrified.

"You, pretty little thing, are 'bout to meet yer maker."

He walked over to her, slicing into her shoulder with a hunting knife. Caitlin grimaced in pain, squealing through the gag. She got cut a few more times.

"Yer little family is gonna give me what I want, if yer to be returned alive. They owe me."

He spit in her face, tobacco juice going into her eyes. He stood her up. Caitlin saw her chance. She kneed him between the legs and slung both her arms against his face, knocking him to the ground. She barreled through the locked door, and it came off the hinges. She ran without looking back.

Word Count: 512
© Copyright 2014 ElizabethHayes-DaughterofIAM (amethyst78 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010566-Gauntlet-Day-6