*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010866-Can-a-Teacher-be-good-without-technology
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Educational · #2010866
a brief essay about if a teacher can be good without the aid of technology.

In my opinion yes of course you can be a good teacher without the aid of technology. Through this essay I will explain the reasons behind my opinion.

To start we must consider what makes a good teacher and it boils down to one main point which is engaging with the students in a way that is both informative and enjoyable. Of course different people have different styles of learning some prefer more hands on and practical activities whereas others prefer to work from textbooks, both of these learning styles do not need a large amount or any high class technology to perform. I think in modern day society technology is sometimes a distraction and it lessens the role of the teacher because rather then students getting taught life lessons from someone with a teaching degree and just as importantly life experience they are learning through endless PowerPoint presentations which in essence tend to be mind numbingly boring with a pathetic amount of clipart to try to make it more fun.

A good teacher is not just there to teach students the basics of science, maths or English the teacher is there to act as a source of guidance with emotional and behavioral challenges that students pose. A great teacher engages with students with these emotional difficulties and helps them through them, you don't need technology to do that you need empathy towards the situation and just as importantly a great teacher acts as a shoulder to cry on.

I think that technology is being overused in schools and that its making the students less able to cope with difficulties in the real world when they have been educated through PowerPoint. A great teacher is one that expands a students mind with knowledge and experience not a computer.

So in conclusion it's not technology that makes the teacher great, it's passion in the teachers heart that makes a great teacher.
© Copyright 2014 Electus (electus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010866-Can-a-Teacher-be-good-without-technology