*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010955-Parent-Letter-of-Rec-for-sis
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #2010955
supposed to go to counselor, "show hidden side of student", for sis's college admissions
The Chinese character for "Lang" is a pyramid of three dragons: 龘. I named my daughter Fore Lang, because I saw three dragons in the sky come to welcome her when she was born. "naga", in Sanskrit, means dragon. With three dragons symbolizing strength, I decided her English name would be Diamond Naga, seeing that diamonds are the strongest and most precious gems in existence.
If I could describe Diamond Naga in one way, it would be competitive. One day after school in third grade, she came to the car on the verge of tears. She claimed she had "flunked" her math test. I asked her what she got, and her reply, as she trembled, was "1 wrong. 98%." So in eighth grade, when she accused me of "not caring about her grades anymore", I simply replied, "Your standards are higher than mine. I think you'll be fine."
Diamond Naga has grace under pressure. For her Trinity College London piano exams, no matter how unprepared she is before the real testing, during the actual performance, she will rise to the occasion and nail the pieces. She usually ends up having the highest grade in the school. I believe she ca do this because she is very focused, strong-minded and determined. She likes to map out her path and most of the time, she knows what she is doing, and what she wants. When she was younger, her motto was "perfection is the key to success".
She can be very passionate about topics she enjoy or believe in, whether that be politics or food. She is capable of engaging in a heated conversation.
She hates being bored. You will usually find her trying to find some new activity to add on to her already busy schedule, whether it be acquiring a new hobby or helping someone out.
Diamond Naga is very adventurous, but very cautious. She will assess the risks, then proceed accordingly. For example, when she was learning how to scooter in 2nd grade, she took her dear time to learn the skill. She would rather take a week to master it than fall in a day. With the bicycle, she self-taught herself how to ride a bike in an hour. This last summer, she self-taught herself how to skateboard. She had watched some videos online, and within 10 minutes, had mastered the basic movements.


© Copyright 2014 Dragon is hiding (flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010955-Parent-Letter-of-Rec-for-sis