*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010973-RIPReturn-If-Possible
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Dark · #2010973
Letter to my dad
R.I.P (Return If Possible)

We spoke throughout the evening of things that bothered him, of his unique ways of seeing Africa and some of their barbaric and unnecessary traditions, of the heart of men and their evil thoughts as sharp as a samurai’s sword.
The night began chilly and windy; the moon appeared glowing through the window, the cricket were not left out with their chirping that sounded like they were all over the room it was like every other night but tomorrow? That was unknown, i was taught that it gets pregnant today to give birth tomorrow and that all we had to do was wait. Curse be upon the father of tomorrow for it bore a bastard in my hands, a bastard I knew nothing of its origin, a bastard I was never going to accept, a bastard the came with blood as cold as the winter snow ball, a blood that mother earth was scared to accept, a blood that the million tears that followed it couldn’t wash away, a blood that made my heart beat stop with life in it.
As sat up on my bed that morning after the millionth sound of the crow that morning, the light dashed through my eyes and a cold feeling ran through my stomach, a sensation like never before as if a ghost ran through me.; the feeling reached my soul yet I couldn’t hold it to comprehend its meaning. As my bare feet touched the cold ground it went numb and I felt it no more, I made to wiggle but it stood there watching me, I looked up to the ceiling and my head fell down back on its own accord, my eyes went north, east, west and south by itself. I closed my idea rapidly and held it tight to gain control so when I opened it everything was normal again except for the tears that gathered around my eyes itching my eye lids. I moved my feet to the bathroom, splashed on my face and sleep went dripping with it. The moment had come, the moment the skies wished it would never watch, the hour a tale that would be told for century began.
We greeted and the day began, who was I to know the music I would soon be forced to dance to? I was a mere mortal in the hands of life who only moved to its will. When I came back and saw him lay there, my whole life rushed before my eyes and hit a brick wall, by blood ran cold and I could feel my heart no longer beat, goose bumps pop out all over, i was numb to my eyes, I could barely move, the strength I used to scream I didn’t know where it came from. He was gone I knew it; I just knew he was no longer here. I could no longer feel the weight his presence carried, a lion had fallen. The Stripes of the leopard had changed. I didn’t know how to react, if to cry, how to cry but I found some strength that put me through the wait, to give back to mother earth the dust she gave to us and to God the soul of his servant, I wanted to talk to him bit but how could I? I wanted to ask a few but how could i?
Then the moment came for the last words, and then I wrote a letter, the longest letter I had ever written.

Dear Dad,
I see your signal but it is a fading wave, it moves my spirit but is that your spirit too? I remember the good times but aren’t memories not too weak to hold on to? I was too dumb to have understood the darkness I saw moments before the moment.
The pen I write with shivers as I did that day, the day I left you for five minutes thinking you were fine was the most foolish assumption I have ever made and to think I would never be able to change it is as painful as only I can imagine, my only consolation is that to be absent in body is to be present with the lord. The fruitless attempt made to lift you proved that your strength didn’t just lie in your spirit alone but dust to the earth and spirit to God who gave it
When my young eyes saw a high tower glowing with darkness its mortal soul felt the hands of death and it has left me cold to the spine, heavy at heart and with a blow to the head. You walked the life briskly but when I glance back my tiny hand grasp a million of memories’ of you,
Your soul was yanked off from you, I know it, I saw it, but in the end when the fire burn we would see who burns.
Love your son



© Copyright 2014 Kriswrter (chrisiceheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2010973-RIPReturn-If-Possible